This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Add-Ons for 1st multiplayer game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ireland
Arklow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the recommendation that the add-ons should really only be used once you've played the vanilla game a couple of times.

I can see how true that is for some of the meatier rule-changing add-ons like Tactics, Sewers, Orphans, Farmers.

However some of the other add-ons appear largely to add extra flavour / options and minor rules tweaks.

I've played the vanilla game solo myself and I'm introducing it to another couple of people soon for a 3-player session. We're all experienced gamers so I was thinking of adding in Heart of the City, Desperate Measures, and Our Street.

How do you think this would go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mb
Our Street might be a little confusing at first since they won't understanding exactly what each decision point will actually affect in future rounds, but Desperate Measures is easy to drop in, and Heart of the City shouldn't be too bad from what little experience I've had with it.

I think there's enough in the basic game to keep people happy, but adding just Desperate Measures, I think, would be fine. Anything else adds more than is necessary, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireland
Arklow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah wasn't sure about Our Street, will leave that out. What about the cat and dog? If I added them I wouldn't start with one in the Shelter because I'd prefer to start with the food, but how do you run into them otherwise? Do they already have introductions in the Book of Scripts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mb
That's what I presume, though it hasn't happened for me yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Scaife
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As I have said previously, Heart of the City is an interesting addition doesn't really change the game at all in terms of difficulty. It adds another voluntary encounter after the scavenging phase. I place the statue on the cards to the side of the board.

I'm currently half way through a two player game with the dog from the start of the game. Took a few turns to get back on track with the food situation as you don't start with any. However, there are advantages keeping the dog and little downside if it runs away (it can).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.