Popular Tags: [View All]
Reese B
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks,

Received my game recently and the good news is that it was shipped in pristine condition. The bad news is that I noticed that the box sleeve that holds the four player boxes seems to be larger (about 1/4 of an inch or more) than necessary. It by no means prevents playability, but I'm wondering if anyone else's game have these dimensions? Photos below.

Thanks!

R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was similar. I'm not sure it's an error: my suspicion is that it was done that way for ease of removing the player boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaosensues wrote:
Hi Folks,

Received my game recently and the good news is that it was shipped in pristine condition. The bad news is that I noticed that the box sleeve that holds the four player boxes seems to be larger (about 1/4 of an inch or more) than necessary. It by no means prevents playability, but I'm wondering if anyone else's game have these dimensions? Photos below.

Thanks!

R.

Mine was the same way, I do expect it was to make it easy to open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reese B
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks for the quick replies. Glad it wasn't just me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vander Veen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I fond a piece of foam to slide in there to help maintain pressure and keep the pieces sort of in place in their trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjonvv wrote:
Yup. I fond a piece of foam to slide in there to help maintain pressure and keep the pieces sort of in place in their trays.
Does this successfully keep the pieces in their nicely-shaped cutouts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
mjonvv wrote:

It seems to help as I did something similar. Unfortunately what the cool trays really needed was a small tab or something on the slots to hold the tokens in place like other, similar component trays have.

The boxes look so nice, I just wish there were a bit more functional. A clam shell type of case like the old Disney Classics VHS tapes would have been perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Do you want board games?...because that's how you get board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
dthurston wrote:
mjonvv wrote:

It seems to help as I did something similar. Unfortunately what the cool trays really needed was a small tab or something on the slots to hold the tokens in place like other, similar component trays have.

The boxes look so nice, I just wish there were a bit more functional. A clam shell type of case like the old Disney Classics VHS tapes would have been perfect.

I actually cut out 4 pieces of foamcore and put them inside each of the sleeves against the pieces. It holds them nice and tight and still fits perfectly in the sleeve. I'm thinking of printing out some artwork to make it look a little prettier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.