Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing Big Boy’s Sleeper Hold [ https://runthenet.wordpress.com/2016/10/01/sleeper-hold-engi... ]against a Steve Cambridge Crim deck loaded with tons of run-based econ like Temujin Contracts, Account Siphons, and Bank Jobs. The identity’s recursion ability allows him to pull several of those back out too. Sleeper Hold got slaughtered, which could have been due to the piloting. I could not draw an ELP or Jeeves until late game. Same with Jackson Howard and I ended up with an HQ full of agendas. With as much money as the runner had, he could easily afford to trash any asset put out.

Anyway, what advice would you give for playing Sleeper Hold against an aggressive Crim deck? What ice should I put on HQ? Part of Sleeper Hold involves getting out a lot of assets, but uniced servers are easy marks for Temujin Contract runs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well--that's a rough matchup. Temujin Contract and Steve Cambridge both came out after that deck was crafted.

So, definitely get some Friends in High Places in there, and Seidr Adaptive Barrier in place of the crappy Magnets. Fairchild 3.0 is another primo taxing ice to throw on HQ to make Steve-O extra sad. Elizabeth Moon has to go in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.