Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rheinlaender Rheinlaender
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the special +3 effect be also applied to Alchemy cards that act as Sword cards at the moment?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that Alchemy cards are their own suit, they don't "act" as other cards. They can be played (and stay in play) if you can't follow suit, but it doesn't change that they are Alchemy cards.

From the official FAQ in this forum:

"When an Alchemy card is played in a melee, does it become the suit of that melee for special abilities purposes? For example if Arthur plays the 4 of Alchemy during a sword battle, can he make it a 7?

No. Alchemy cards are a separate suit, but are just always in the melee."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rheinlaender Rheinlaender
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Gotti
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
assuming i cant follow the suit can i play the alchemy card to the shame pile, or the alchemy card must share the lead suit ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My read on the rules is that an Alchemy Card “must” be played if any present and you don not have any cards of the Lead Suit. Only if no Lead Cards and no Alchemy Cards (and either no Sorcerer Cards or choose not to play) do you Shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.