sam faraci
Australia
melbourne
victoria
flag msg tools
Just started watching the new season of game of thrones and it got me thinking about playing battles of westeros again. I know there hasnt been any new material on the game for years but given the popularity of the show i would've thought fantasy flight games could profit from it by releasing some new material for this game. Im pretty sure that if they released army expansions for the white walkers , and the targaryen armies complete with dragons they would be a huge hit.

Does anyone know if there is any news on the game or if its it finished, which would definately be a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george bews
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubtful since the game is based off the novels, not the show. But one can hope! If only Martin would finish the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Reuhl
United States
Oswego
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus you have Cool Mini or Nots rendition coming out later this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for FFG to give me a Targaryen army for BoW, but it will never come to pass. I still very much enjoy BoW though.

And when I heard CMoN was doing something similar I was highly intrigued....until I saw what it actually is, which is just sliding trays of plastic around. Total let down.

BoW will have to continue to give me my GoT skirmish fix, dragons or no dragons and that's ok!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
darkranex wrote:
I'm still waiting for FFG to give me a Targaryen army for BoW, but it will never come to pass.

There is a fanmade Targaryan expansion, complete with leadership and unit cards and tokens... I think you could pretty easily proxy other minis for most of the units, and any similar sized dragon figure would work for the dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlZog wrote:

There is a fanmade Targaryan expansion, complete with leadership and unit cards and tokens... I think you could pretty easily proxy other minis for most of the units, and any similar sized dragon figure would work for the dragons.

Yes indeed, but my organizational OCD precludes me from using non official cards and miniatures for games such as this. The inconsistencies would drive me insane. It's a good thought though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.