Popular Tags: [View All]
David Peterson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked this one up at my local Starbucks Coffee shop....okay ONE of the about eight million Starbucks in town...but that's another story.

This is a game that is easy to learn, fun to play and is more fun with more players (up to 8, but as few as 2 can play). Kuuduc is a card game of similar format to Uno, but a bit faster and not as involved.

There are two different kinds of cards - letter cards and "black" cards. Letter cards will either be a "k", "u" or a "d". They will either be green, orange or purple in color. And they will either have one, two or three dots on the top of the card. The "black" cards act in a similar way to the action cards in Uno. There is are "swipe" cards that allow you to take cards from other players and a "switch" card that allows you to change the direction of the play order (like a "reverse" card in uno).

The object of the game is to be the first player to spell "kuuduk" with their cards. Each player is dealt three cards into their hand. You first draw a card from the draw pile or from the discard pile. Or you can pass. You also have the option of playing a card to help you spell "kuuduk" or to play a "black" card and take cards to play from another player.

The catch is that in order to spell kuuduk you must only play one letter at a time per turn. Letters must be played next to other letters. And in order to play a card next to another card the cards must EITHER be the same color OR share the same number of dots on the top of the card. That makes things very interesting - and makes spelling kuuduk rather difficult. Players also have the option of reordering their cards to help them along a bit - but it turns out that this isn't as helpful as you might think.

Like I said earlier, this game is best with lots of players. With 2 it's only so-so. If you do play with 2 players I normally have the rule that if a black card is played the other player can not immediately draw it from he discard pile and play it - otherwise you get an endless circle of taking a card and then giving it back up, etc.

All in all, a fun fast game that's worth the few bucks it costs to pick up. I'd say not as good as Uno - but it's different. It's faster and has a bit more of a twist. Give it a try!

Enjoy
D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:User Review
davidgpeterson (#28650),

I belive the rules state that black cards cannot be picked up from the discard pile, anyway - just letter cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peterson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:User Review
Wow - that's a great point. Went back over the rules and it turns out that I totally missed that. thanks for bringing that to my attention!

disclamer (#28781),

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.