Lobotomy» Forums » Rules

Subject: A question on how handicaps work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Leon
United States
California
flag msg tools
I have a simple question, do handicaps stack?

For example in any scenario do i apply both 4 character and 3 character handicaps or just one depending on whether i have 3 or 4 characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They stack.

You apply both 3 and 4 for a 3 player game.

Though, obviously, some 3-player handicaps/prior treatment supercedes the 4-player handicap. For example, in the scenario 'Monster Control' the handicaps are (paraphrasing here):
3 player - characters have +2 to imagination tests for control. The monster has to deal 18 damage to end the scenario.
4 player - characters have +1 to imagination tests for control.

In this example, a 3 player game only uses +2 to imagination tests for control, as the +2 bonus specified in the 3 player handicap effectively replaces the +1 given by the 4 player handicap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JudgementDave wrote:
They stack.

Oh! Really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine wrote:
JudgementDave wrote:
They stack.

Oh! Really?

Yes - I checked for the revised manual/scenarios, and it says on page number 32 of the revised/reformatted scenarios:
When playing with 3 characters, both the 3-character and 4-character handicaps are applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.