7 Posts

Dust 1947» Forums » General

Subject: Dust Website has been hacked!! Change your password if you can... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that there was a hack of the Dust Games website. Someone has posted the names, email addresses, and passwords of users (speculation is that it may just be Dust Elite members).

I have tried to change my password, but cannot. Other folks, though, have been able to.

No word yet from the Dust team regarding what they are doing to address this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the saddest part is seeing only 400 names on the list. Not much of a support base for their premier customer program.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kriegschatten wrote:
It seems that there was a hack of the Dust Games website. Someone has posted the names, email addresses, and passwords of users (speculation is that it may just be Dust Elite members)...

So you decided to post the link and make the hacked details more widely available? Nicely done. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
Kriegschatten wrote:
It seems that there was a hack of the Dust Games website. Someone has posted the names, email addresses, and passwords of users (speculation is that it may just be Dust Elite members)...

So you decided to post the link and make the hacked details more widely available? Nicely done. shake

The hackers already made this available to anyone with access to Google, so I think you may want to direct your complaints to them.

However, I have removed the link in response to your request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dust Games have issued a statement on Facebook:

Last night, our webstore has been attacked by some hackers. We have been warned by our community through Facebook and all decisions have been made in time to shut down any login options to the webstore. We are solving the problem right now and killing the vulnerability that allowed this attack to happen. We disabled logins in the meantime.

We delayed our announcement as it happened during the night in China (where our servers are) and we needed to know more and make sure everything sensitive hadn't been touched.

So far, apart from some passwords, we didn't find any breach. We will keep you informed, of course, as we know more during the day.

When the situation is 100% resolved, we will of course encourage all our customers to change their passwords, not only on our webstore but everywhere else, if they were using it to login on other websites.

Thanks a lot for your help, your patience and your understanding.

The Dust Studio Team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People...unclench a little.

This only impacts the paid users of the site. The 'Dust Elite' members. All they need to do is change their passwords and monitor any payment methods for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kriegschatten wrote:
The hackers already made this available to anyone with access to Google, so I think you may want to direct your complaints to them.

And you shared the stolen information wider, making it more easily available. Not dissimilar to what the hackers did themselves.

frankly, if they had stolen the information and done nothing with it, there wouldn't have been a problem. The problem comes in its being made public. So I am naturally concerned when anyone unnecessarily makes it more accessible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.