Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurence Cutner
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wished for some scenarios from the German 1918 offensive and hopefully someone will oblige. I do have a couple of ideas for specialized troops though and wanted to throw them out there for discussion:

The Strosstrupen could have the added ability to move as regular infantry, but combat after 1 or 2 hexes of movement. Maybe only battling after 2 hexes if close combat only. Defenders cannot ignore flags.

Flamethrowers (special personnel) could operate much as bombers, but only in close combat and again, defenders cannot ignore flags,

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Stosstruppen rule is identical to the Elite units in Memoir 44, so I can't argue with them. I'd say battle after moving two in any combat. Do not see any reason for the Flag rule.

Flamethrower Special Personnel Figures (including Flamethrowers) will be included in the French Expansion. See my Speculation thread on SPFs only two threads down below on this for my own guess.

Sadly, only two fan scenarios have been made so far, one of which is for 1914--see the C&C fan site for them www.commands&colors.net. You may have to make one yourself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Cutner
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think that your Strosstruppen idea is probably best. The French expansion may add quite a bit, but probably far too expensive for my budget - I'm all tapped out - nothing left to sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
The Stosstruppen rule is identical to the Elite units in Memoir 44, so I can't argue with them. I'd say battle after moving two in any combat. Do not see any reason for the Flag rule.

Flamethrower Special Personnel Figures (including Flamethrowers) will be included in the French Expansion. See my Speculation thread on SPFs only two threads down below on this for my own guess.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1803682/speculation-eight-n...

Whilst I think Stosstruppen are likely to be elite units, they could be special type of elite with additional powers.
Something I've just considered is whether a unit could have two Special figures.. both elite and a flamethrower in the one unit. Probably overly complicated.

chas59 wrote:

Sadly, only two fan scenarios have been made so far, one of which is for 1914--see the C&C fan site for them www.commands&colors.net. You may have to make one yourself!

I have one for Fromelles (1916) wanting some playtesting, and now that Expansion 1 has given river tiles, Mons (1914) should be reasonably easy to set up.

If you play Le Cateau, try using the British artillery units instead of Mortars.
https://www.commandsandcolors.net/thegreatwar/maps/opening-h...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.