Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand it correct, the only way the Hunting Horror can gain three resources and thus become Massive is if it’s drawn from the encounter deck before Agenda 1a resolves? I wasn’t completely sure so aborted my first attempt of this quest last night.

As an aside, the Hunting Horror didn’t really seem to show up that much. Should it normally? The way I see it is that some games it will be a constant thorn, always returning from the Void & getting stronger, whereas other games it’ll be more a potent threat in the background leaving the investigator(s) to focus on racing the find the Restricted Hall in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hunting Horror was our first card out of the encounter deck.

It returned four times, despite repeated slapdowns from Zoey. Zoey resigned just before Jenny got into the restricted exhibit, but there was no real prospect of success there against the returned Hunting Horror, so Jenny Was Outta There.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
If I understand it correct, the only way the Hunting Horror can gain three resources and thus become Massive is if it’s drawn from the encounter deck before Agenda 1a resolves? I wasn’t completely sure so aborted my first attempt of this quest last night.

As an aside, the Hunting Horror didn’t really seem to show up that much. Should it normally? The way I see it is that some games it will be a constant thorn, always returning from the Void & getting stronger, whereas other games it’ll be more a potent threat in the background leaving the investigator(s) to focus on racing the find the Restricted Hall in time.

Quote:
Forced - When Hunting Horror enters play: Attach the set-aside copy of Shadow-spawned to it, or add 1 resource to Shadow-spawned if it is already attached.

This text is also on Agenda 2a.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played this scenario, and it came out on the 2nd turn through Zoey's need to smite it with her weakness. We were scared that it would keep getting bigger, so we let it follow us around while letting Jenny evade it. Finally we killed it at a weird timing while acts were changing, and it respawned in a way that didn't put a resource on it. We killed it for a second time on the turn prior to completing the scenario, and it never received a token. In hindsight, we viewed the Hunting Horror as a nuisance instead of a real threat.

FWIW, we grabbed 5xp in the scenario. (Jenny had 4 actions per turn and some "fast" action movement to reveal all the halls after Daisy plucked clues up like a machine!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just double-checking my understanding: HH might come out without Shadow-Spawned, then the second time with Shadow-Spawned but no tokens. So the first two encounters with it may be at its base stats. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Clarke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Just played for my first time and got a little confused as well. This thread https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27164595#27164595 explains a lot, but I believe it comes down to the only way the HH will gain a resource token is if
Spoiler (click to reveal)
he comes into play via Slithering Behind You

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.