Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question probably would apply to both 1st and 2nd edition, and maybe the answer is in that tiny little rulebook for people with 20-10 eyesight, but I missed it: what are the rules (if any) that apply to the quadrant a mission is in? I am building my deck and notice I have 1 HQ, and 4 missions, with one in alpha, one gamma, one delta, and one "M" (whatever quadrant that is). Now, do these just get placed along a line, regardless of which quadrant they're in? Or is there some "gap" left between quadrants? And if so, how "big" is this gap? Finally, after over 6 years when I jumped back into ST:CCG after getting over Decipher's abandonment of 1srt edition, I'm still lost on the Voyager icon, and what missions they can attempt? They have no HQ, right? So where can they base? Thanks for any help I can get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For second edition you don't need to place a gap, but it can be a helpful reference. An extra inch or so would be enough. Moving from one quadrant to another increases the distance between those missions. I want to say it's a +4 range modifier, though it might only be +2.

"M" is the "mirror quadrant." Which is to say the mirror universe from DS9 and Mirror, Mirror.

With Voyager, you actually need the ship. It has the rules for playing that faction.

To avoid situations like players just cramming the DS9 and TNG crew into their decks indiscriminately, 2e broke the Federation into multiple, distinct, factions. They attempt the same missions, but their character pools are distinct. In the case of Voyager, the ship itself serves as a mobile HQ (sort of like how Borg Cubes did after First Contact and before Voyager released). You can report personnel and Voyager icon shuttles to the ship's location.

Just remember, with 2e you can't attempt your opponent's missions under any circumstances. The practice of poaching missions was one of the strategies that Decipher specifically shut down in 2e.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael. You've been a big help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.