Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am missing the blue check/success die. Could somebody let me know the number of each of the two types of faces for that die?

Thanks, Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
2/6 give 2 Morale
4/6 are successes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am breaking the cardinal rule, but someone posted all the die faces on a separate thread, and I cannot recall which of the couple hundred it was. I apologize to whomever posted (I want to say it was Mechaniac, but I am not sure. Anyway, I copy/pasted it locally, so here it is. If I find the originator, I will edit and give him due credit.....

EDIT: Yes, it was Mechaniac in:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1811793/number-adventure-di...

Successes Wounds Adventures
Explore GREEN 5 3 3
Gather GRAY 5 2 3
Research BLUE 4 2 3
Build BROWN 4 2 3

Red 1x3s, 2x2s, 3x1s
Orange 1x3s, 1x2s, 4x1s
Yellow 2x3s, 2x2s, 2x1s

Also,Ignacy said in yet another post to contact Portal and they will send replacements for missing parts.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sandberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
I'm missing a green die, although I got 4 gray
Not sure how this will affect the game, as I haven't had time to try it out yet.

I have emailed portal games, but no answer yet (mail sent monday evening).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dansand wrote:
I'm missing a green die, although I got 4 gray
Not sure how this will affect the game, as I haven't had time to try it out yet.

I have emailed portal games, but no answer yet (mail sent monday evening).

Daniel, if you have not played yet, this will be hard to explain, but it depends on which green die you are missing. Each set has a die for:
1. success (it shows some faces with a check mark)
2. wound (it shows some faces with what looks like an "X" but is actually a band-aid.
3. adventure (it shows some faces with a "?" on some.)

For each colored set you will (often) roll all three (so for the extra gray one you have, do not use the duplicate...

This is the tough part: Depending on which green die you are missing, each of the 12 dice may have different face distributions. ...Look at the above table and see which number your missing die has (Yeah, that made no sense at all)cry
-If you are missing the success green die (which shows 5 successes), you can use the gray success die for your green (explore) rolls until you get your replacement, because both the green and gray success dice have 5 successes (see what I mean?)
-If you are missing the wound green die, you have a slight problem because the other wound dice all only have 2 wound faces (exploration wounds are more probable than walking around in the lab...) What you could do is borrow a gray/blue/or brown adventure die (which all show 3 face results) and temporarily use the "?" on that die to represent your green wounds. (You gotta play this to understand it!)
-If you are missing your adventure green die, you can use any other adventure die for your green die roll (because all colors have 3 adventure faces).kiss

Once Portal replaces your missing die (and you need to tell them which one it is) you'd be set to go.

Did that make any sense at all??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sandberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thank you, Frank!
I think I understand what you mean, but I was afraid it was something like that :/
I'll check it out at once.

EDIT: So it looks like it's the adventure die that's missing, but the extra gray is also an adventure die, so I guess I'm in luck

EDIT 2: Got response from Portal games, they will send asap. kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also missing the blue check/success die. Instead, I have two copies of the blue question mark die. The quality control process for the pre-order leaves something to be desired. You'd have thought they'd have been extra-careful with this, given that it's going to be first impressions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.