Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there are two very nice Scythe organizer boxes that I've found so far.

Scythe Factory by Meeple Realty for $41.99

or

Scythe Organizer by Broken Token for $49.99

The one at Meeple Realty is going on sale tomorrow (July 19 & 20) and I really like its features, but I don't know if it is too finicky with all the gears vs the Broken Token one. So I'm seeking some advice if someone has seen them both and compared them. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clmdvd wrote:
So there are two very nice Scythe organizer boxes that I've found so far.

Scythe Factory by Meeple Realty for $41.99

or

Scythe Organizer by Broken Token for $49.99

The one at Meeple Realty is going on sale tomorrow (July 19 & 20) and I really like its features, but I don't know if it is too finicky with all the gears vs the Broken Token one. So I'm seeking some advice if someone has seen them both and compared them. Thanks.

Read these:

Quesitons about Scythe Inserts

Broken Token insert for Scythe (& upcoming expansion)!

Meeple vs. Broken Token

Insert

Scythe Factory: A review of an organizer insert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not much help in comparing any of them but I've been really contemplating this one, link below just in case you hadn't seen it already.

Biggest problem is that we have Wind Gambit, the giant box and another expansion incoming still so I'm not sure I want to get the insert

https://www.etsy.com/listing/527891689/scythe-board-game-inv...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kranzel
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:
I'm not much help in comparing any of them but I've been really contemplating this one, link below just in case you hadn't seen it already.

Biggest problem is that we have Wind Gambit, the giant box and another expansion incoming still so I'm not sure I want to get the insert

I know that at least for the Broken Token insert, they'll be selling the deluxe box, as well as an additional section designed to hold the Wind Gambit pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the BT design with the individual faction units but I'm not sure how painted pieces would fare in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
I love the BT design with the individual faction units but I'm not sure how painted pieces would fare in it.

If you lacquer them, they hold up just fine!

I really like my broken token organizer. Set up and tear down is great. I mostly play solo, and I'm able to play right from the box thanks to the design.

I haven't seen the Meeple Realty one in person, but I immediately remembered that being the one that all of the characters and mechs slide into...and I've read that means that one is out if you ever want to paint and base your minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I don't have either, waiting on wind gambit. I bought the terra mystica insert from Meeple realty and had the realization I prefer the individual boxes for player pieces rather than 1 large tray with the removable wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SepiaPenguin03 wrote:
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:

I really like my broken token organizer. Set up and tear down is great. I mostly play solo, and I'm able to play right from the box thanks to the design.

I haven't seen the Meeple Realty one in person, but I immediately remembered that being the one that all of the characters and mechs slide into...and I've read that means that one is out if you ever want to paint and base your minis.

I'm not basing yet but I just started painting. Good to know the laquer holds up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the Meeple Realty because I wanted the box cover to sit flush... it was a mistake. There are some neat ideas in the Meeple Realty version, but there are a couple of things that don't work quite right. A friend got the Broken Token and it is much better organized for getting the game onto the table.

Edit to add:
Now that I pulled up both of them to make sure I was remembering correctly.

Meeple Realty does not have separate trays for each player, so you have to pull the factory out, the "locks" that hold the mech garage on the counter tray are not the best (and yes, I followed the directions precisely) so it is awkward to get a player's meeples and buildings out.

Broken token has individual trays that hold the pieces and the combat wheels, very easy to just hand each player their stuff. But the box top does not lay flush if you have the expansion board. It is off by 6mm.

I will be curious to see how the "upgraded" organizer that is supposed to hold the airships and everything else will work. Theoretically it is supposed to support either of the base game organizers.

Anyone caught a peek of that one yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Head like an orange
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:

One more expansion ... any more info on this or a hint from Jamey that I've missed? I know of Wind Gambit and giant box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
SepiaPenguin03 wrote:
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:

I'm not basing yet but I just started painting. Good to know the laquer holds up.

I'm new to painting minis myself. I painted Anna and Wojtek first, and mistakenly tossed them in the box with no lacquer. When I pulled them back out, the edges were chipped. I retouched them, painted the rest and sprayed them with Testors Dullcote (once, wait twenty minutes, twice, let them cure overnight) and I've had no chipping at all since!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
SepiaPenguin03 wrote:

I'm new to painting minis myself. I painted Anna and Wojtek first, and mistakenly tossed them in the box with no lacquer. When I pulled them back out, the edges were chipped. I retouched them, painted the rest and sprayed them with Testors Dullcote (once, wait twenty minutes, twice, let them cure overnight) and I've had no chipping at all since!

Sealing is the most important step to longevity of the paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffawahha wrote:
LunaWolvesMan wrote:

One more expansion ... any more info on this or a hint from Jamey that I've missed? I know of Wind Gambit and giant box.

Jamey has said on a couple occasions that he has a third and final (at least for a while) expansion in mind, but no details at all. The only possible hint is I believe he mentioned that elusive objective place holder on the map may be better utilized. I'm not great with Facebook or links, but one of his recent posts on the Scythe group mentioned the third, final (?) expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.