Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Stanley
United States
Gloucester City
NEW JERSEY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you collect gold do you look at it? Everything is half/half/half when you win, so if I get 10 gold in a room, I get 5 of them, next player gets 2, last gets 1. Do we look at those gold cards or just get dealt gold from the top of the deck at random? The rulebook doesn't specify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about treasure collection
Treasures are handled differently from money bags. From the rule book: "Highest Combat Total: This player receives all of the Treasure cards and half of the Gold cards, rounded down"

That "all" can be pretty important so make sure if there is a lot of treasure in a room and your opponents horn in on it you are in good position to win the fight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Stanley
United States
Gloucester City
NEW JERSEY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about treasure collection
I definitely meant gold. editting original question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. We dealt the gold cards randomly to players since the rules don't say anything about choosing cards. There is also no consideration for card value in the Completing a Room example.

However it is not explicitly stated so my inference might be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

You can certainly look at your gold. The gold cards remain hidden from the other players.

Thanks for playing.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aylic Greyfeather
msg tools
mbmbmb
I read the question as whether the cards are drawn openly or not. The rules state that you deal out a number of gold cards equal to the symbols in the room. Each player takes their share and the rest are returned to the deck, but doesn't say whether the cards are drawn face up or down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard, I think what Scott meant was do you look at the cards before you collect them? In other words if there are 10 gold cards for a room does the winner get to cherry pick the 5 cards with the most coins or are these distributed randomly.

I'm pretty sure the answer is that they are dealt to players randomly, but its just ambiguous enough in the rules to make me question it now that its been brought up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They are given randomly and facedown. Once you have them, you can look at them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Stanley
United States
Gloucester City
NEW JERSEY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZackStack wrote:
Richard, I think what Scott meant was do you look at the cards before you collect them? In other words if there are 10 gold cards for a room does the winner get to cherry pick the 5 cards with the most coins or are these distributed randomly.

I'm pretty sure the answer is that they are dealt to players randomly, but its just ambiguous enough in the rules to make me question it now that its been brought up.

This was in fact my question.

nicklittle wrote:
They are given randomly and facedown. Once you have them, you can look at them.

Thank you! That will probably balance the score a lot more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As Nick stated, they are given randomly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What we did last night was take the number of cards equal to the gold bags, let's say 8, and the winner would randomly choose 4 from these 8, second would take 2 etc. and any remaining went to the bottom of the gold card deck. The spoil gold card would be then taken from the top of the deck. gives the feeling of actually seeing the gold in the room and choosing which ones to pick up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.