Paul Bone
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
Hi,

My youngest is keen to find something where he can play as a baddie. Whilst only being 7, he`s played games including Betrayal at House on the Hill, Pandemic, Mysterium etc, so it doesn`t need to be overly basic.

Also ideally one where it`s not a hidden traitor mechanic (though feel free to recommend those too for interest).

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll toss a quick one out that crossed my mind... Colt Express. Fun programming game. Light and manageable by a 7 year old with experience.

Good luck, -m
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cavallari
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight Games released Cadwallon: City of Thieves a few years ago. I'm not sure about availability, but you can probably find it somewhere. Each player controls a gang of 4 different thieves (miniatures, nothing wrong with that). They run around the city, exploring buildings, and attacking each other to build up as much gold and treasure as possible. At the end of the game, you have to exit as many of your gang members out of the city as you can in order to count the loot they're carrying towards your victory point total. There is combat in the game, but the winner only steals the loser's gold. There is no "dying" in this game, so players can never be eliminated and left out from play. I believe this game had a number of expansions too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bone
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
Thanks all so far!

That aliens one sounds right up his street especially. To put more context in my question, he loves being the baddie in Betrayal where he can go round killing the other players, so definitely a more obvious baddie than Colt Express (though a great game).

Have been eyeing up Marvel Legendary Villains too - but a bit pricey at the moment (though I do love Alien Legendary myself so may be tempted)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Colt Express
Terror in meeple city

XWing miniatures (play the empire).

and all those 1 vs all where one plays the villain.
Descent, Imperial Assault, Scotland Yard, Spector Ops, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Challie Coppel
United States
Huntsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary: Villains – A Marvel Deck Building Game stand alone which can also be played with Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game and all expansions.

Burgle Bros. play as thieves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludvig Stigsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talisman (4th ed sort of OOP, 5th ed on the way) the game let you play Evil/good/neutral characters.

The Road to Canterbury. Sort of funny/silly/evil.

Both games are great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If he enjoys being a rampaging monster, King of Tokyo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Nefarious. Mad scientist out for world domination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nefarious (never played but seems fun)

Marvel Legendary Villains - (but the kids would have to kinda know the bad guys). Everybody knows Wolverine but do kids know Sabertooth ? Perhaps.
Everyone wants to be Spiderman but are kids clamoring to be Magneto? Perhaps.

King of Tokyo/New York - Your are giant monsters rampaging the city. I think this is a great one for kids.

Cthulhu Wars - You get to be monsters - what's not to love.

Madness at Midnight - you are cultists

Spirit Island - This might be too heavy for kids but you are spirits on the island killing conquistadors and explorers. Spirits are good/bad depending on your perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Batman: Gotham City Strategy Game?

Of course 2 of the 3 people I played it with hated it, but I thought it was kinda cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Villainy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludstifer wrote:

The Road to Canterbury. Sort of funny/silly/evil.

Yes, today I am going to try to get this citizen to give in to wanton acts of lust, sloth and gluttony so I can overcharge him for church forgiveness.

I know he asked for games where you can play the villain, but wow. You're willing to risk setting a 7 year old on a really bad path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Dark Dealings! The artwork is cute and quirky, and you play an evil overlord that's getting attacked by pesky heroes. You first draft them, them use them to claim defenses, and then fight them with said defenses.

Plus the new rules get rid of the players elimination. A fun, short game that is tons of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob West
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
How about a game where you are an Imperial Commander trying to protect your own squad of deadly Stormtroopers while simultaneously trying to kill rival squads of Imperial units via underhanded manipulation of an unsuspecting smuggler? I speak, of course, of Loopin' Chewie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.