Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does it add to the game that is meaningful? Do I really need another character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I just bought retail edition. Should I get the Kickstarter expansion?
Yes, you should

The game is playable without it, that is for sure, but if you see the history here in the forum, quite a lot of people regret they were after lower tier of the game in the first KS.

Edit: I just noticed you already bought the retail version. If it was in the KS, then you can change it. If not and you did not open the box, then you may sell it and use the KS box for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you must have not read my post. I'm not sure what you're talking about, even after the edit. I'm asking about the expansion. The expansion does not include a box and selling my game would make the expansion useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Higher pledge levels do contain the base game. Demon level contains gamers bundle. See the comparison table here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/140800/complete-component...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
Higher pledge levels do contain the base game. Demon level contains gamers bundle. See the comparison table here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/140800/complete-component...

I'm not sure what you're getting at...

I'm talking about getting the expansion. I already have the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on what you consider to be meaningful. There's the extra hero of course but the expansion also includes new scenarios and extra cards for everyone's deck via stretch goals among other things. Then there are the errata cards.

Personally, the CAD is making this a hard sell but I haven't totally ruled it out. I guess I should play the game a bit more to understand how much I like it. I enjoyed my 2 playthroughs of the intro scenarios but i haven't really deep dived and got totally immersed yet. If I love it then price won't matter.

As far as evaluating it individually, the base game has a lot of content but heroes add a nice variety.

By the way, I have the full package from the original KS so I already have more heroes, scenarios and expansions then you do so I don't feel the urgent need to get more. If I had the base game I might have a bigger desire for heroes.

Not sure that helped at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very helpful, Logus. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the KS Deluxe Edition which is more or less the Dread Monk level from the current campaign so I am missing 1 hero - Neshilim from the Hideout expansion. I am one of the persons asking constantly about the Hideout reprint.

Now getting to the point. In a few words, I would back the expansion hands down because of following reasons:

1. Brother Örn brings some interesting twists to the base game and is really unique looking at the video in the campaign. He won't be the easiest to handle but adds some very nice combo's and I tend to see him as very interesting to play further along the campaign.

2. Not to forget that this small expansion adds 4 new scenarios. That's 50 % more than what you get in the base game in terms of scenarios so you'll have a total of 12 scenarios.

3. It also adds +1 card to each hero's deck, which sounds like a good variety added.

4. All the other cards you get: new wound cards, treasure cards + tokens.

Only for the 2nd point and I would get it.

The only drawback I can see you would have with the retail version is that you most probably won't get the Witch's Grotto expansion as it was mentioned that it is a very low probability for this expansion to be printed as opposed to Hideout.

This is why I think David mentioned the idea of selling the base game if it is still sealed an go for a Demon level in the campaign now.

Hope this clarifies some more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really nice summary. Your really understood what I had in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's incredibly helpful. Thank you. I don't think those two expansions are worth $120 + shipping for me. I got retail for $60 (well, in trade value), including shipping. I will strongly consider the $29 pledge level, however, after I try the game (hopefully on Friday.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Retail or über-box, welcome to the world of PM!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.