The Republic of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Influence lost after major prosecution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Lanciani
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

the rules say that if a senator dies (whatever the cause) he loses all markers (including, I guess, the influence earned).

In the prosecution paragraph, it is specified how much influence a senator loses after a minor prosecution (5), half of which goes to his accuser.

My question is: how much influence does a senator lose after a major prosecution? In other words, how much does his accuser gain?

For example, a senator with a starting influence of 3 which has been increased to 13 loses just 10 influence (the markers) giving the accuser 5 influence or does he lose the full 13?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severí Vinyoles

Barcelona
Catalonia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very good question. I've always understood that in case of a major trial the prosecutor gains half of the TOTAL influence lost by the dead senator. As he dies, he loses his total influence, not only the gained markers. After all, that's what happens when you die: you loose everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard
Philippines
flag msg tools
mb
I dug this one up to get answer.

In the 2.16 living rules here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/24013/rorrulebookv216pdf

It says in section 1.09.411

"the Prosecutor gains any Prior Consul marker of the defendant plus half (fractions rounded up) of any Influence lost (either through conviction or death) by the defendant due to the Prosecution."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Lanciani
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marshalldavout wrote:

In the 2.16 living rules here: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/24013/rorrulebookv216pdf

It says in section 1.09.411

"the Prosecutor gains any Prior Consul marker of the defendant plus half (fractions rounded up) of any Influence lost (either through conviction or death) by the defendant due to the Prosecution."

Thanks for the link. However my question is: How much influence does a dead senator lose? This is what I haven't been able to find in the rules (and it seems to me the living rules don't help).

Does he lose all his influence, only the influence he gained during play or maybe nothing?

I have always played that he loses all his influence, but a recent reading of the rules made me wonder if it's the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
He loses all his influence. We hashed this out previously. I was and am of the opinion that it needs to be added/clarified in the living rules. The people who are in charge of the AH living rules do not, sadly. But the intent is clear: he loses his whole amount of influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.