Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The astronaut ID cards have a bit blank space to fill in the name of the astronaut. Is it really designed to be written on (and later changed)? I don't think so, but if it is, do I use a dry erase or wet erase marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robmcarthur2001 wrote:
The astronaut ID cards have a bit blank space to fill in the name of the astronaut. Is it really designed to be written on (and later changed)? I don't think so, but if it is, do I use a dry erase or wet erase marker?

I don't think it is really meant for you to write on it, but it is your game, so why not?

I personally would use pencil, though, if I thought I'd be changing the name once in a while.

You can set names in the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robmcarthur2001 wrote:

I believe Ignacy's intention was for us to write our own names. But there's no way I'm writing on mine! Just wouldn't be able to do it.

It doesn't feel like the kind of surface that will let any sort of ink just 'wipe' off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! Don't mess with them! (Some have suggested using white or painter's tape and you can write on that, but I still consider that a sacrilege.

The furthest I might go is GENTLY place a post-it on it...even then I get shivers.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Antares Rangers wrote:
Agreed! Don't mess with them! (Some have suggested using white or painter's tape and you can write on that, but I still consider that a sacrilege.

The furthest I might go is GENTLY place a post-it on it...even then I get shivers.....

Laminate and use dry erase markers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
Antares Rangers wrote:

This reminds me, there is the option on the site to make your own ID's

http://portalgames.pl/en/first-martian-card-generator/

Upload a photo, and add your name, print it out and laminate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Trence wrote:
Hillean wrote:
Antares Rangers wrote:

This reminds me, there is the option on the site to make your own ID's

http://portalgames.pl/en/first-martian-card-generator/

Upload a photo, and add your name, print it out and laminate it!

I plan on creating a couple of those to use once I move on to the campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Much like the little punch out bit at the top, I don't think there was an intent for that space one way or the other. The character sheets are made to look like ID badges and that just completes the look. The app names the astronauts anyway, so I don't intend to write on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Much like the little punch out bit at the top, I don't think there was an intent for that space one way or the other. The character sheets are made to look like ID badges and that just completes the look. The app names the astronauts anyway, so I don't intend to write on them.

I'm not punching out the bit at the top Rebel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Brasher
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
HER!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trimmed down post it note with name on over the white space, maybe a good solution?

I'm probably not marking mine but I have made personal ones from the website and instead of using actually peoples photos I asked my friends who they would like to see play them in a film version of their lives and used famous actors photos instead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rillian wrote:
Trimmed down post it note with name on over the white space, maybe a good solution?

I'm probably not marking mine but I have made personal ones from the website and instead of using actually peoples photos I asked my friends who they would like to see play them in a film version of their lives and used famous actors photos instead

That's a great suggestion, but if I did that we'd colonize Mars with the Clooney twins and Gosling twins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.