Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Bernardini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to all NA super fan!
As someone of you has requested, we open this thread to collect your corrections and tips on Nova Aetas manuals and game material translations.

As usual, thanks for all your support!

Luca LMS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Lost in traslation
I still think you ought to consider A.nnotate

Anyway, do you think you will correct cards?
Bear as an example has some impressive English :-P

Choose a Hero that brought some Bait with him, the Hero carrying the bait is the Bears main target. The Hero can pass the Bait to another Hero up to 6 squares away. Whichever Hero carries the Bait will always be the Bears main Target. The Trees branches hold some Hives that the Bear can use to heal himself.

Not perfect, but it might work better than what is written there now.
Of course, I still have no idea how the Bear heals himself.

The games manual and plot book are also full of unnecessary spaces between words. Some things like 'Engage' could use clarity too. There is no 'Engage' marker to show that someone is in fact Engaged.
Rule Book pg 27
We recommend playing "Bear's rage" when your
group is at the 1st Mastery Level and the "Brave
wolves" and "Boar's grunt" missions when your
group has reached the 2nd MAsgtery level.
Should say Mastery.

Mana Gem card
It should be spelled Strength.

Growing root card
Should say receives.

Plot book
The burning hot map 0.1

Enemies Objective
Stratioti
• Place a Fire Token on the closest home (TV5) (this action costs 1AP and can be
effectued once for activation). effectued should say performed.

Or am I missing the point of this thread? If so feel free to delete my post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Salten
msg tools
Re: Lost in traslation
Hey Luca,

there is a typo already in the Subject of this topic.
Is that correct or a very good joke?

I can recommend the movie "Lost in translation" btw.

Kind Regards,
Oliver
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arealus Pough

Massachusetts
msg tools
Hey Luca,

One of the things that I think will help the manual tremendously is more examples of specific actions/combat rules, it's amazing what a visual representation can do to make a rule a lot easier to understand.

Another feature that I think would make the manual fantastic would be an index for key terms. I cannot name how many times I would flip through the book looking for a rule and having to look through 3 or 4 times to do so. A perfect example would be bleeding, which at first I thought would be somewhere near the rules for combat, but was instead near the end of the manual listed under the wound tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Bernardini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tenpenchii wrote:
Hey Luca,

One of the things that I think will help the manual tremendously is more examples of specific actions/combat rules, it's amazing what a visual representation can do to make a rule a lot easier to understand.

Another feature that I think would make the manual fantastic would be an index for key terms. I cannot name how many times I would flip through the book looking for a rule and having to look through 3 or 4 times to do so. A perfect example would be bleeding, which at first I thought would be somewhere near the rules for combat, but was instead near the end of the manual listed under the wound tokens.

Hi Arealus!!

Yes this it'sa good advice, i hope we can insert this in the new rulebook tha you receive with 2° wave. We have to check the number of page we can add to it. we have to add ever 4 page at time, i think with some news grapihc exemple and rules specification we can reach that number. the second issue is the time, we are working hard to complete all the material to send all to the prodution for the end of august (bye bye holidays ).

Luca LMS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.