Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea why 24 are included in the game when it seems the max you would need is 12?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasixty wrote:
Any idea why 24 are included in the game when it seems the max you would need is 12?

You mean the markers with brick, wine etc?
If so, the answer is simple: only the most valuable product is used, so chances are slim that brick will be used, but just in case both cities in one province produce brick, the tile has to be there. And so on and so forth for the other stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Germania map tries to make hay out of the surplus bonus markers. It's an interesting idea, but I've found that it's hard to integrate the fort bonuses into my play decisions, and I sometimes even fail to collect ones to which I'm entitled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Off-the-cuff : Unknown values of potential expansion maps, better to have extras.

Deeper-consideration : I'd have to go back and look through the distribution of City Tokens to be sure, but you have 12 regions to work with on some maps, I believe that you will have variance in which bonus markers will be used from game to game based on whether specific city tiles from the A/B/C groups overlap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Fang
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
As was pointed out in a previous post, due to the random placing of city tiles, one never knows how many provinces of a given bonus type there will be in a game, therefore in order to cover all possible combinations,the game contains enough bonus tiles of each type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
24 Bonus Markers?

Well some of it must be to cover all permutations of resource distribution, but I suspect also in anticipation of the Fortress resources required for the Germania map in the first expansion.

NB The Salsa expansion adds 5 more (2 bricks, 1 food, 1 wine, 1 cloth) and I'm even less sure what that's about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasixty wrote:
First off, there are different maps which have different numbers of provinces. But more importantly, some of the bonus markers have one coin on the back, and some have two. Which means that in any given game, how many coins a particular bonus good will have isn't a known thing at the outset. Prefecting for coins might be a better or worse option in that particular play depending on whether you've drawn a lot of single coin bonus goods or double coin bonus goods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No change
Thunkd wrote:
...some of the bonus markers have one coin on the back, and some have two. Which means that in any given game, how many coins a particular bonus good will have isn't a known thing at the outset.
Er, no. All backs are 2 coins, except for Cloth, which is always 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All these answers make sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
misteralan wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
...some of the bonus markers have one coin on the back, and some have two. Which means that in any given game, how many coins a particular bonus good will have isn't a known thing at the outset.
Really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
misteralan wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Really?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
misteralan wrote:
Really?

There's an easy way you can confirm this for yourself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
misteralan wrote:
Really?

There's an easy way you can confirm this for yourself...

you mean: asking the internet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.