John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- if i were to buy all 3 expansions, is there anything i need to know now as far as how to combine them? (i'm trying to create an epic game, but i believe there are certain cards, from the different boxes, that should probably be pulled and not used together)

- and...how does "the gathering" mix in with these? (or does it?)...if it can indeed be used with these 3 fantasy boxes are there cards that also need to be pulled?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Musil
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John,

The manual included in each of the sets actually addresses your question. Ultimately, you can mix and match as you desire. They do make some recommendations in terms of what to do if you want a "well-rounded" game (e.g. make sure you include professions that cover the gamut of abilities), but they also make it clear that you can basically combine anything (though the game may be longer, etc.). They also suggest that, if playing with multiple professions of the same "archetype" (i.e. they share the same symbol in the various sets), you play them as the same profession. Using their example, "you would count all Clerics, Druids, and Shamans in your guildhall as members of the same profession and place them in the same chapter." In sum, the sets offer a lot of variability and can be mixed and matched as you please. I don't know about The Gathering, though.

Best,
Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anonymous Apathy wrote:
Hi John,

The manual included in each of the sets actually addresses your question. Ultimately, you can mix and match as you desire. They do make some recommendations in terms of what to do if you want a "well-rounded" game (e.g. make sure you include professions that cover the gamut of abilities), but they also make it clear that you can basically combine anything (though the game may be longer, etc.). They also suggest that, if playing with multiple professions of the same "archetype" (i.e. they share the same symbol in the various sets), you play them as the same profession. Using their example, "you would count all Clerics, Druids, and Shamans in your guildhall as members of the same profession and place them in the same chapter." In sum, the sets offer a lot of variability and can be mixed and matched as you please. I don't know about The Gathering, though.

Best,
Brad

so if i have a cleric and a druid in my guildhall, and i play a shaman, which one's power do i use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Edge

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SissyBell wrote:
Anonymous Apathy wrote:
Hi John,

Best,
Brad

so if i have a cleric and a druid in my guildhall, and i play a shaman, which one's power do i use?

You played the shaman, so you use the shaman's power counting the previous clerics and druids already played as shamans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.