Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kids and I arrived at the resort this afternoon. Thought there was a chance I'd be the first from WBC here.

Nope. Ken's in the Stag room hard at work, it looks to my eyes like he's nearly got everything set up already.

So what's taking the rest of you so long?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Williams
Morocco
flag msg tools
Perkele

I have one sleep cycle until my trip begins
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Craig Trader
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't leave for WBC until Saturday morning at the earliest, but I still hope to be there in time for a 4PM Small World heat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Williams
Morocco
flag msg tools
I might not be first out, but I might well be last back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynda Shea
United States
Tolland
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Safe travels! I visited Morocco with my family for a couple weeks in December and had a wonderful time there. Hope you enjoy the WBC!

Wilphe wrote:
I might not be first out, but I might well be last back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Williams
Morocco
flag msg tools
Thank you

Where did you go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get home until the 8th, so you have competition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott - please wear the kids out at the recreation Seven Springs has to offer so the rest of us have a chance against them once the gaming begins.

Target departure time is 5:15 PM Friday, with a stop for dinner at Andalusia in Carlyle. 53 games are on the dining room table - I am afraid we may have to leave a few behind.

The best 9 days of the year are almost here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fardette
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
Scott - please wear the kids out at the recreation Seven Springs has to offer so the rest of us have a chance against them once the gaming begins.

+1

Those kids are sharp!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynda Shea
United States
Tolland
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We went all over the country on a tour...Casablanca, Rabat, Fez, through Atlas Mountains to Erfoud, Camel ride on Sahara with overnight stay on Christmas Eve in tent ala Arabian Nights style, Ait Ben Haddou, Essaouira, and Marrakech. It was a once in a lifetime trip for my family. We found the culture, climate, cuisine not to mention the wonderful people we met along the way to be exceptional and enriched our experience. 😊
Wilphe wrote:
Thank you

Where did you go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynda Shea
United States
Tolland
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See you tomorrow Scott...started boardgaming yet or just partaking in the resort's amenities? If playing, what spaces will be available on Friday?
saccenti wrote:
Kids and I arrived at the resort this afternoon. Thought there was a chance I'd be the first from WBC here.

Nope. Ken's in the Stag room hard at work, it looks to my eyes like he's nearly got everything set up already.

So what's taking the rest of you so long?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
80sGirl wrote:
See you tomorrow Scott...started boardgaming yet or just partaking in the resort's amenities? If playing, what spaces will be available on Friday?

We just doing all the resort stuff last two days. I bowled about ten games today, my back is killing me.

Finally the boys and I played a game tonight. We found a table in the Alpine Room to play on. But it wasn't easy. All the usual rooms locked up. Probly things loosen up tomorrow as gamers start to arrive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Officially started my trip to the WBC tonite with a Giants game. Fly out tomorrow to Pittsburgh. See you all there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the WBC invitation only?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WBC is NOT invitation only. Everyone is invited. You don't even need to be experienced in the games--though pay attention to the Class of an event (A, B, or C). A Level events don't have a demo. You should know the rules when you show up to play. B Level events have a demo, which you should attend if you don't know the rules. The rules will not be taught during the event. C Level events may have a demo, but rules will also be taught during the event.

You will also find open gaming and demonstrations and vendors and an auction and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
WBC is NOT invitation only. Everyone is invited. You don't even need to be experienced in the games

My first trip to WBC I hadn't even heard of these games. I just went on a whim, cuz kids are free and thought it would be a neat thing for them to try. By the end of the first day, I was attending demos and playing games myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jflight1 wrote:
Is the WBC invitation only?

If you're in the area, there is still time to plan a one or two day trip (Friday/Saturday is great too). If not, make plans for next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checked in about an hour ago. Tomorrow at noon ... GAME ON!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Wish I could attend this year. Maybe next year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ofiesh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun, everyone!

Been to Seven Springs a few times when learning to ski. Wish I could attend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Petruzzelli
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to arriving this afternoon. Stopping in Gettysburg on the way. Hope to begin WBC 2017 with Love Letter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynda Shea
United States
Tolland
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved all of that except the last sentence....can't believe that one one is a tournament event. See you later and safe travels!

petruzzelli wrote:
Looking forward to arriving this afternoon. Stopping in Gettysburg on the way. Hope to begin WBC 2017 with Love Letter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stein
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many times you get to say the first thing you're going to at a game convention is a love letter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McKibbin
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to herd the sleepy kids into the car this morning, hoping I get out in time to make it for Love Letter. Right now chances appear to be about 50/50
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.