Subject: First game Question - The Secret Objective deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arkobla Conn
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi all

Played a game yesterday and had a question on Secret Objectives...

Do you only get one for the entire game?? Or can you draw more?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Huffman
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Just one- you could of course develop a house rule to be able to acquire more, but the intent was to just randomly draw one at the start of the game for a hidden scoring opportunity that was different than your opponent's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - we had played it that when complete, the player could pull a second - but we quickly realized that there were 'end game only' objectives that made that unfair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Hardened Games Inc.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
publisher
I actually find the notion of paying to obtain more over the course of the game very interesting. Maybe for a couple of gold or something.... would have to be playtested of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Well, I don’t think balance would be affected if each player acquired one new objective each turn. There are 14 cards, so 10 only would be used, and you’d never be certain what set of objectives you or your opponent would get. It does not seem like paying for them should be necessary, but I guess making them cost something makes it a decision, and that always has some play value. Making more objectives available would make colony and theater control less critical to winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.