Subject: greatboardgames.ca rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H inVan
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mb
Just wanted to post a positive experience. Had some games on hold for, oh maybe 6 weeks with Sean at greatboardgames.ca. I love holds. Holds = free shipping! Sean's communication was very good and I got my hands on Nemo's War, Lost Expedition, Colditz and a couple of others today. All arrived fine despite the wildfires on BC! Thanks Sean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great shop, excellent prices and service. Highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. They have been the source of most of my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, have bought several games from them. I can heartily recommend them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dexter Ward
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, excellent place to shop. Now if they could just get the shipping down to $8.95.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered for the first time from Great Board Games. It took 3 business days for my order to be processed and another week to be shipped to me. Some of my game boxes arrived damaged; one had the outside corner crushed and the inside corner ripped apart, the other had a ripped edge. I was able to get a partial refund for the games but that took a week & a half to process. I did not find any problem getting a refund and I got a response quickly, however, the time it took for processing was longer than most stores I have ordered from. The games I ordered game packaged with rolled paper around them - air pockets, or peanuts, would probably protect games better.
Great Board Games has great prices and a good amount of stock but they need to work on processing items quicker to the customer and package their mail better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tianxiang Qiao
China
flag msg tools
I ordered some stuffs on Jul 27. Now it's Aug 1, so after 3 business days, whose definition they specially clarify as if nobody ever understood, my order is still being processed, and I have got no tracking number or whatever. I've also purchased games on stores like woodforsheep, boardgamebliss, those stores provide much better shopping experience. Now I just hope that my stuffs would arrive intact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris gray
Canada
flag msg tools
pjhades wrote:
I ordered some stuffs on Jul 27. Now it's Aug 1, so after 3 business days, whose definition they specially clarify as if nobody ever understood, my order is still being processed, and I have got no tracking number or whatever. I've also purchased games on stores like woodforsheep, boardgamebliss, those stores provide much better shopping experience. Now I just hope that my stuffs would arrive intact.

I was in the same boat. I ordered overnight on the 26th, didnt get notification from canada post until 5 business days later, on the 2nd. great prices but weak delivery times. Still, affordable enough that i'll probably buy from them again, unless i really needed something asap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cgray152 wrote:
pjhades wrote:

I was in the same boat. I ordered overnight on the 26th, didnt get notification from canada post until 5 business days later, on the 2nd. great prices but weak delivery times. Still, affordable enough that i'll probably buy from them again, unless i really needed something asap
Yes, if it doesn't bother you to wait for notification, processing, & delivery, then there's no reason not to buy from them. I do wonder if the business is a side-job, & that is why things take longer? I believe GBG is a warehouse operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I order from them regularly, they're likely still my most-ordered from place (with bliss and 401 being close), but yes they take a few days to process.

Generally I've been building an order for like a month+ though so an extra few days wait hasn't bothered me whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.