T.I.M.E Stories: Lumen Fidei» Forums » General

Subject: Possible stuck situation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evelin Bányai
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can stuck in the game depending on certain decisions. Could someone else double check it, please? Maybe I just keep missing something.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Situation:
Chapter III, Location 4:
- You decide not to sneak into the astrologer's home. You go to the Palace (Loc. 14) directly after defeating the Black Guards.
(- You have Michel d'Ailly with you.)

This indicates that you do not know anything about the numbers nor have Yasmina to be able to go to the next location
You can't go back to location 4 nor visit location 13.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
At least in the German FAQs they offered a way out. I have not read your spoiler, and have not yet read the resolution Asmodee provides in the German FAQ, yet, but it might be worth cheching the English version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked the official english FAQ? Does this cover the question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelin Bányai
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've read the FAQ about the misprint, but it's a bit different situation. There you don't have access to the Palace (Loc. 14), here you won't have access to Loc. 15. (the one after the Palace).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Marslakoo wrote:
Yes, I've read the FAQ about the misprint, but it's a bit different situation. There you don't have access to the Palace (Loc. 14), here you won't have access to Loc. 15. (the one after the Palace).

True, I think you have to visit the house in location 13 otherwise you're missing the information needed afterwards.

Since it's not possible to get back to location 13 and visit the house after you moved from 13 to 14 you have to start another run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Puig Pujols
msg tools
Nico is correct.

As this leads to a stuck situation that is equivalent to the one addressed by the FAQ (change of card 13b) it is safe to say that this is not intended.

The easiest way to solve both issues is if Location 4 does not get discarded after the first visit. This way you can get to 13 and 14 even if you miss something in location 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the exact same issue/problem in our own game. Yes, you are stuck and there is no way out. You have to just start a new run. I tried raising this issue in the FAQ thread, since it talks about being stuck and not being able to proceed for a different situation, but my comment only seemed to raise some confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will start Lumen Fidei tomorrow (German version). I have read that there is an official download of a card, but could not find it, is there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kopernikus wrote:
We will start Lumen Fidei tomorrow (German version). I have read that there is an official download of a card, but could not find it, is there?

http://de.asmodee.com/ressources/bonus/time-stories-ort-13b....

Kannst du ruhig anklicken, die ersten Seiten sind spoilerfrei.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vielen Dank!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Punter
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Puig"]
The easiest way to solve both issues is if Location 4 does not get discarded after the first visit. This way you can get to 13 and 14 even if you miss something in location 4.[/q]

This is the "solution." We got in exactly this situation and unfortunately the FAQ and other hints were around location 13 which was what we had missed.

Getting to location 14 while skipping 13 seems like a pretty simple thing many groups could do. Then we were stuck with no where to proceed and no way to return. Unfortunately all the spoiler text elsewhere doesn't handle this situation.

We house ruled to return to access 13 and proceeded.

I'm guessing that they wanted you to be able to get all the way to the end while skipping 13 so that you couldn't solve the last location, but they gated location 15 behind having a specific item instead of being available multiple ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.