Subject: How are the add-on characters/cards coming? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time I saw something on the add-on characters it seemed like the Ghoul was still really strong and the Ghost was a little confusing. I also saw something about new cards watering down decks (treasure?).

Are the add-on characters close to being balanced/sent for printing? Also, any updates on expansion cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the files for the addons and expansion cards can be found in the Public PNP folder here: www.tinyurl.com/VastPublicPNP (in the Expansion subfolder)

The expansion/promo cards are included in that folder too, as part of the 9-up card file.

The rulebooks in the folder are marked as "DRAFT" copies, and have already been through another round or two of edits beyond what's there. Player boards, cards, etc. for each of the roles have also been through some final editing. The changes between what's in the folder and the final-final versions will be minimal, mostly just tweaks to the wordings for clarity.

Balance-wise, and with the rules themselves, what you see in the folder is essentially done. All of the issues and concerns that have been raised previously have all been addressed in one way or another. There's one small rule addition for the Ghost that we're testing and evaluating (to address a specific endgame situation), but otherwise we're very happy with how all of the roles are sitting.

You can check out the individual threads for each if you want more specific details on what has changed along the line:
The Ghoul
The Ghost
The Unicorn
Promo Cards

As far as schedule goes, we're right on the verge of sending these off to the printer. Just those few final updates to the layouts they'll be off.

Also, if you haven't already seen it, there's an unboxing video with prototypes of the miniatures here: Miniature Unboxing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wowie
msg tools
mbmbmb
As a person that made a lot of criticism myself, I can say that they've done a fantastic job. I'm legitimately excited to get my hands on this stuff. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.