Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just recently got sucked into this game and am anxiously awaiting my copy of the 2nd printing. Another month or so to go, I guess.

In anticipation of it's arrival, what's the best gearloc to get into the game playing solo? Or is it better to use multiple gearlocs? I'm thinking that just using one will be easier to get a handle on how things work before adding in many more options with a 2nd gearloc? Is there an easier or more straight-forward one to start off with?

Did look through the forum but didn't notice any subject lines which seemed to ask this question.

Thanks for any comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I played only with Patches and Boomer.

Patches is definitely simpler to learn the game.
His skills are very simple to use (unlike Boomer's).
He has strong health and the recover innate that simplify things.

I am planning to learn Ghillie and Nugget in the upcoming weeks so I might update here if needed.

And do not forget to start Greenhorn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are rated for how difficult they are to play solo and how difficult they are to play coop (generally different) on each character sheet. I don't have them handy but they may be available online or I am sure someone else will chime in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fortheloveofdice wrote:
They are rated for how difficult they are to play solo and how difficult they are to play coop (generally different) on each character sheet. I don't have them handy but they may be available online or I am sure someone else will chime in.

Hah! I printed out the rulebook and character reference sheets to start learning the game and didn't even notice those ratings on them. Seems like Patches it is.

Now, it makes me wonder about the other available gearlocs. Wanted to get Nugget certainly, but decided given the cost of the game, I really should make sure I'm going to like it and play it enough to justify the extra expense. Worth it or not, it is a lot of money for a game. I'm hopeful that it will definitely be worth it for me.

Thanks for the help & comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark D
United States
San Fernando Valley
California
flag msg tools
mb

It is sooo worth the money, to me anyway. Patches I think by far is the best to start off with, I mean +1 hp heal per turn for free. Poison (true damage) that gets through just about anything, and if you can't beat em, kite em, but it does take a little practice. I have and love them all, well except maybe Tink whom I need more work on.

Good luck!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Schubert
Germany
flag msg tools
Nugget is also nice for solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jordano

San Diego
California
msg tools
mb
ImperialWormtrooper wrote:
Nugget is also nice for solo.

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.