Hide
6 Posts

Renegade» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question on "Iteration" card and revealing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
I am not sure I am playing this card correctly. The card text says something like:

Three Leadership command points.
ALSO reveal this card with another card to carry out that cards execute action.

The part I am not sure on: do I have to use the three command points to play the reveal effect? Or can I just use the reveal effect, and then at the end of my turn take "Iteration" back into my hand?

On the one hand because of the word "also" I think I have to discard this card when I use it.

But, in the rules it says: "If the text instructs you to “Reveal” that card from your hand, place it face up in front of you as proof
you possess it and leave it on the table until you
either use or discard it (or pass and return it to your
hand for your next Player Turn)"

So, then I got confused and thought I could pass and keep that card till next turn. However, that is making "iteration" pretty powerful so I think I messed up.

---
Separate "Reveal" question: when you play "Iteration" and reveal another card to carry out its execute action, can you also use that execute action a second time by actually playing that card?

I think this is a yes, but want to make sure.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question Jeremie!

Here's the new card image for Iteration. It's an "AND" now, not an "ALSO":

If you see "AND" it means you can do both, just not at the same time.

So, you can use the effect, but keep the card and use its 3 Leadership later in the turn.

If you don't use its 3 Leadership, and you decide to pass, then you can either discard it, or return it to your hand and keep it as the one card you get to keep between rounds, making it the 6th card in your next turn, at which point you COULD use its effect again. The purple cards are powerful!

NOTE ALSO: iteration can only be used to copy EXECUTE effects, not effects that don't use the term 'EXECUTE'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
Ok, so I did use it correctly, excellent.

That is a great card!

Thought not using those three purples over multiple turns and keeping the card is also a tough choice, so I guess it does balance out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Iteration's REVEAL effect one-use only? If not, what stops you from copying every EXECUTE card in your hand 100 times?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Each card can only be "revealed" once per turn (this is in the rulebook, but I don't have the book handy to give you a page citation).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. 7.4.7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.