6 Posts

Fields of Fire» Forums » General

Subject: Situations from the front line: HQ level commands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ccwyxx c
msg tools
mbmb
Can a 'Platoon' order be used to move the whole lot of units assigned to the staff XO / 1SGT?

Attached units (Arty FO, Mortar, HMG Jeep etc) assigned to XO, can it be commandeered by the 1SGT (1SGT in hierachy is below XO)?

Is it possible to assigned squad/steps from some platoons to the HQ staff. For example I may want to form another platoon made up by units from the regular platoons as a special recon/task force? No so nice word means a 'volunteer force' on a suicide mission... lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccwyxx wrote:
Can a 'Platoon' order be used to move the whole lot of units assigned to the staff XO / 1SGT?
No, only the PLT HQ. Please see columm originator in the Action Tables.

ccwyxx wrote:
Attached units (Arty FO, Mortar, HMG Jeep etc) assigned to XO, can it be commandeered by the 1SGT (1SGT in hierachy is below XO)?
As group no, as individuals yes. 1SGT in hierachy is above Arty FO, Mortar, HMG, Jeep, etc.

ccwyxx wrote:
Is it possible to assigned squad/steps from some platoons to the HQ staff. For example I may want to form another platoon made up by units from the regular platoons as a special recon/task force? No so nice word means a 'volunteer force' on a suicide mission... lol
You can only attach additional combat units listed in the instructions for each mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ccwyxx c
msg tools
mbmb
juno29 wrote:
ccwyxx wrote:
No, only the PLT HQ. Please see columm originator in the Action Tables.

ccwyxx wrote:
As group no, as individuals yes. 1SGT in hierachy is above Arty FO, Mortar, HMG, Jeep, etc.

ccwyxx wrote:
You can only attach additional combat units listed in the instructions for each mission.

Hmm.. looks like CO staff require more command effort to move their assigned units.

Another question that comes to mind since we mentioned jeep. Jeep on its own is an empty vehicle (no crew). Is it than even neceesary to activate it? Any unit/team may by command just hop on and drive since there ain't any crew, isn't it?

Another question is onboard mortar unit. Rule states that to treat it as incoming, using H VOF. If any friendly unit is on the targeted card are they subjected to similar combat effect as any regular incoming? Possible blue on blue situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccwyxx wrote:
Any unit/team may by command just hop on and drive since there ain't any crew, isn't it?
Only HQ or Staff can activate a Vehicle. Again please see columm originator in the Action Tables.

ccwyxx wrote:
If any friendly unit is on the targeted card are they subjected to similar combat effect as any regular incoming? Possible blue on blue situation?
I don't fully understand what it's your question, but any friendly fire is treated equally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ccwyxx c
msg tools
mbmb
juno29 wrote:
ccwyxx wrote:
Any unit/team may by command just hop on and drive since there ain't any crew, isn't it?
Only HQ or Staff can activate a Vehicle. Again please see columm originator in the Action Tables.

ccwyxx wrote:
If any friendly unit is on the targeted card are they subjected to similar combat effect as any regular incoming? Possible blue on blue situation?
I don't fully understand what it's your question, but any friendly fire is treated equally.

I had moved friendly units onto a card with enemy units, while friendly onboard mortar unit is dropping shells on it. Are friendly units on the card being hit by their own friendly mortar fire, and require combat effect resolution? (As I understand, onboard mortar fire (H VOF) are treated as incoming according to the rule). Does ONBOARD mortar fire affects the whole card irregardless of enemy or friendly units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juno
Spain
BCN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccwyxx wrote:
Does ONBOARD mortar fire affects the whole card irregardless of enemy or friendly units?
Yes, the VoF applies to all the units on the terrain card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.