United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EVENT

Title: “Hey! We are on Mars!”

Fluff: Yes! You are on Mars, doing Mars-like things. Isn’t Science grand!

Rule: Every Astronaut gains 1 morale token.

Action: Assign 1 pawn and -3 on the stress track. Assign 2 pawns and increase morale track +1.

Future consequence: After 3 Sols… Apparently Mars isn’t so great after all. -1 on the morale track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhorsemen wrote:
Title: Do AOM's dream?

Fluff: During routine maintenance an unknown code was found rewriting the AOM program while it was in its sleep mode.

Rule: Stress increases by number of astronauts.

Action (2 Pawns): Shutdown and hard boot AOM. Unknown code no longer present everything back to normal.

Future Consequence (1 round): Crew agrees to allow unknown code to finish its sequence uninterrupted. AOM has programmed itself to be more aware and self sufficient. Next one time use of AOM equal to 2 pawns and crew member assist is not required.

Suggest modifying above so there is a die roll needed for the ("good") result and there could be a bad result. Also require only one pawn to try to fix it. Nobody will spend 2 pawns to prevent a good effect more than once (2nd time this comes up you'll know not to spend the pawns).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
flyinghair wrote:
Title:
Monopoly

Fluff:
Last night we played Monopoly which resulted a brawl in the group. At some point even the table was pushed over.

Rule:
Stress increases by number of astronauts

Action(2 pawns needed):
You found a cooperative board game in your stuff, called Robinson Crusoe. Surviving together an a Cursed Island gives you hope: +2 Morale

Future Consequence:
You step on a Monopoly pawn barefoot. These damn shiny things hurt! First player -1 health.

If a long campaign came down to an action on the very last sol and I died from a bruised instep, I would not be very happy at all. Perhaps -1 health is too harsh to fit the event?soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Event:
Title:
"No way could we have seen that."
Fluff: An enormous crash reverberates throughout the HUB. The astronauts check the last few minutes from the feed of an external camera and spot a small meteor striking the outer skin of the Living Block. Let's hope it was a glancing blow.
Rule: Roll the yellow Malfunction die: 1=turn all status markers in the crew quarters red; 2=turn all status markers in the Med Lab red; 3=turn all status markers in the Control Center red.
Action: (For each 1 pawn) -> 1 red status marker of your choice in this Facility may be returned to green status. No spare parts are needed for this immediate action. The Build AOM (if present) may be used for external repairs in this case. Preexisting red status markers in this Facility may also be turned to green for this action. (Extra: If the Engineer is present and can utilize his "Oh yes, I can!" skill, his 1 pawn (plus a second) may turn all four red status markers back to green).
Future consequence: "We couldn't see that meteor, but we should have seen this..." Immediately turn all status markers in the adjacent Living Block Facility red. In the Event Phase of the next sol, turn to red all the status markers in the remaining Facility of this Block (sequence: Qtrs > Med > Ctrl > Qtrs. All red status markers affected from this after the initial event may only be repaired using the standard rules of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sklar
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title:
"How about a nice game of chess?"

Fluff:
Trying to clear my head and unwind after a long day, I challenge the HUB's computer for a game of chess.

Rule:
Stress -1

Action(1 pawns needed to assign to crew quarters): You are hoping that brushing up on your King's Indian Defense will bring you victory.

Future Consequence: 1-2 rounds
The computer plays a never seen before novelty on move 18 and checkmates you. Lose 2 morale tokens as you kick a file cabinet in disgust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Williams
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EVENT

Title: Who ate all the cookies?

Fluff: The one thing from home that you brought with you to Mars and someone has eaten them all.

Rule: -1 on the morale track. Lead Astronaut loses 1 morale token.

Action: Assign 1 pawn and gain 1 morale token. Assign 2 pawns and gain 1 food.

Future consequence: -1 food if not resolved in 2 Sols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Title:
Ghosts of Mars

Fluff:
I don't believe in ghosts, but I think I saw a figure standing outside the HUB. Am I crazy?

Rule:
Place a black marker on the player board of the current First Player.

Action:
Action must be taken by the player with the black marker. Spend 1 pawn to receive 1 morale token and remove black marker.
Response text: Pushing yourself is necessary on these missions, but you've got to rest or you'll start seeing things.

Future Consequence:
2nd Round: "Did you hear that? It's like a mumbling from somewhere..." Give player with black marker the CONCENTRATION DIFFICULTIES condition token (use a substitute if no token available).
3rd Round: "'THERE'S SOMETHING OUT THERE!' was the last thing yelled before we had to restrain and sedate." +4 Stress. The player with the black marker suffers 1 wound and loses BOTH pawns for this round. Remove the black marker and the CONCENTRATION DIFFICULTIES condition token, if still present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Title:
GET A ROOM ALREADY!

Fluff:
"Sometimes there's only one way to get through the long hard nights on Mars..."

Rule:
Place a black marker on each of the player boards of the two crew members most in need of a little intimate time together.
+2 Stress

Action:
Action must be taken by each of the two astronauts with black markers. Each astronaut must place one pawn in the Crew Quarters doing the UNWIND action together. Action should show as +2 Morale initially. After choosing action, display a message indicating that an additional +1 Morale was gained for a Total Outcome= +3 MORALE.

Future Consequences:
Next Round: "You can cut the tension with a knife."
+2 Stress

Next Round: "Hey, I'm going to go my room and play a solo board game." The player with a black marker with the least amount of Morale tokens (if tied, choose the most stressed out astronaut) must place one pawn in the Crew Quarters doing the UNWIND action.
Outcome= -6 Stress
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BUMP to get more visibility to this thread...

Also, VOTE FOR ME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Event

Title: Clang in the Night

Fluff: Just after you laid down to sleep you heard a noise, or think you did. The noise seemed to be coming from the System block. You should have got up to check it, but you were in bed and it had been a long day.

Rule: gain +3 stress

Action: one pawn to check it out, +1 moral token and prevent future consequences

Future consequence (next round if unresolved). You we're going getting into bed last night and realized you never checked out the noise. You really should have taken care of it, but you were in bed. Sad thing is you didn't even sleep well. +2 stress staring player loses one pawn this round

Future consequence (round after last consequence) once again as you were getting into bed you realized you hadn't checked out the noise. You got out of bed to run an analysis. It took awhile and you missed a lot of sleep , but Everything seemed ok, maybe you didn't really hear anything. You have been worrying yourself for no reason it seems. First player gains +1 moral token but loses one pawn this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
August is over, the contest is over for now. Thank you so much for all participants!

I will read carefully, see what's the best and announce winner(s) asap.

In the September we will also start a new one - but first, we must close the first one

Once again, THANK YOU!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
August is over, the contest is over for now. Thank you so much for all participants!

I will read carefully, see what's the best and announce winner(s) asap.

In the September we will also start a new one - but first, we must close the first one

Once again, THANK YOU!

Hey, I.T., please post a list of the winning entries when you get a chance. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Spychalski Maaku
Poland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We said we gonna choose only 1 idea! But you had so many great ideas! So we finally chose 11 fan events! Thank you for participating, thank you for all your ideas, thank you for everything!

Below is a list of people whose events will be brought to the app!

- Two events created by: JK777
- Two events created by: Pohrawg
- Event created by: filozof
- Event created by: flyinghair
- Event created by: Jorath
- Two events created by: Vinnichi
- Event created by: Benncory
- Event created by: Mechaniac

In the next app update (it should be today or tomorrow) you can find your events.

We also have for you new free mission! So celebrate with us First Martians Early Launch and play it today!

We have prepared a special in-app tutorial variant for the Removal mission, with pre-constructed events, that will help you learn the rules of the game.

For now, that mission will be available only via the app update and only for those two weeks of Early Launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge