Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
first of all, congratulations for designing this huge microgame

My impression after 4 games: isn't a 13-point campaign too short? I mean, in 2 games you're done (my games has ended 9-5, 8-6 or something similar), so it's unlikely that you ever go to G3.

Your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I haven't played this enough to know how well (or not!) this would work, unfortunately, and have only just read this post (so this is a totally random thought, is what I'm trying to say), but maybe try a campaign game with the winner earning the losing player's prestige points. So in your example (9-5 & 8-6 wins), it'd mean that player has 11 campaign prestige and must still earn another 2 points without going nuclear.

Anyway, just throwing it out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Foxtrott
msg tools
mb
I think, you are supposed to tally.

If you win 7 to 5 prestige you add the difference of 2 to your score. Or am I mistaken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex7Foxtrott wrote:
I think, you are supposed to tally.

If you win 7 to 5 prestige you add the difference of 2 to your score. Or am I mistaken?

Maybe I'm not understanding the official campaign rules, but as I read them now: both players tally their individual scores (whether winning or losing) from game to game... first to 13 overall (campaign) prestige w/o going nuclear wins... which (again, as I read it) would mean both players could reach 13 campaign points at the exact same time. For example, if US was ahead 10 cp to 8 cp, and USSR won the next game: 5-3. Which is still fine imo.... just play a final tie-breaker.

That's my take (my variant aside).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.