Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Nicholls
United Kingdom
Bakewell
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Previously: really?

March / April 43

This report relays the last part of our previous gaming session in February. For those of you unfamiliar with our gaming “routine”, I should explain that we gather only two or three times a year since we are separated by significant distance and dogged with real life commitments. However, we make up for that by playing for three and a half days, which certainly does allow for better immersion in the forge of combat. This last report (for now) also suffers from last night weariness from our main contributors, Greg (Italy and Japan), Non-Swiss Andy (Germany) and Laurence (the CW). Which means I actually wrote the original notes. And very poor they were. Onward …

Political Affairs
Having moaned like a child about how unlucky he has been against Greg this session (his average naval search roll over the last three days has been approximately 8.75), this turn’s politics allows Simon to stick it to the Fascists good. France bids big and spends hard earned production points on another coup attempt against Rumania. Unlike the last attempt, this is a bit of a gamble as it could easily go wrong and give the Fascists a countercoup opportunity (which would put Rumania firmly back under their control) so this gives an idea of how desperate the Democrats have become. Of course, the very use of coups by so called Democrats speaks volumes.

However, all that pain in search rolls is repaid as again the roll hits the magic 8 and the subsequent three dice coup roll delivers 25 influence points. Are you seeing a common “Simon always rolls 8” thing going on here? Unsurprisingly France activates Rumania and it swiftly tracks across the influence chart to France’s faction. The German troops return to their sun loungers in Bulgaria and 3 oil resources are very definitely no longer available to Italy and Germany. Do I hear the rustle of invasion plans being pulled out of a filing cabinet in Berlin?

The CW are up next and attempt to incite resistance in China but fail. Germany is next and through gritted teeth Andy buys a coup cell and won’t say where; there is much jeering in the room. Bids points for Russia; Japan shows the CW how to do it and quells resistance in China by 3; the USA aligns Brazil and Italy takes bid points on the way to the beer fridge.

Military Affairs
Sunday morning rises in the real world and we play some more. The only note I have is “CW fleet sinks”. No news there, then. I seem to recall that the Japanese are one impulse from conquering South Africa, due to a CW misunderstanding about where the capital is – at which point the term Commonwealth will be more accurately rendered as “bunch of blokes from the local boozer”.

Battle will be re-joined next Thursday morning. Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.