Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not a huge deal, but something to keep in mind for the future...

I see, for example, C&K in the iOS app has:

Friday, 7/28
SF at 12pm
F at 3pm

But the "Program" book and the "Powers" scheduling tool both have

Friday, 7/28
SF/F at 3pm
(And for the Powers tool, it only shows up as a single 3-hour block)

I think there are likely more examples of this occurring (as my wife had to add a bunch of blocks by hand to the schedule I printed out for her).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Powers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the schedule tools got some late updates this week (7/18), but the web scheduler is currently showing SF/F as one event at noon.

We use the JSON data feed which lists it as:

"Event": "Settlers of Catan: Cities & Knights SF/F"
"Duration": 3.0
"Time": 12
"Location": "Laurel"

That's also consistent with the Excel spreadsheet schedule, which I believe is the Single Source of Truth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpowers wrote:
All of the schedule tools got some late updates this week (7/18), but the web scheduler is currently showing SF/F as one event at noon.

We use the JSON data feed which lists it as:

"Event": "Settlers of Catan: Cities & Knights SF/F"
"Duration": 3.0
"Time": 12
"Location": "Laurel"

That's also consistent with the Excel spreadsheet schedule, which I believe is the Single Source of Truth.

That is unfortunate. Yeah, I wasn't blaming you (the tool is awesome). I figured it was a source-data problem. (Though now I wonder why my iIOS scheduler hasn't updated with the same data?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Semi is at noon on Friday, followed by the Final. The event is 3 hours per round.

I checked the IOS version of the schedule for C&K, and it looks fine.
The program reflects the same schedule.
As does Powers' Scheduler.

I guess I'm confused at the issue.

Both ways of expressing the timing for the SF/F are correct (i.e., the SF at noon and the F at 3pm; or the SF/F starting at noon and continuing for 3 hours per round).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Royersford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
I guess I'm confused at the issue.

The discrepancy can best be seen in an example. See how C&K only shows a 3-hour block from noon to 3pm? There is no evidence that there would be a round (final) running from 3pm to 6pm, and so there is no obvious conflict with another event that begins at 3pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. I will look again. That is not how it appeared on my screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'd swear that the Powers Scheduler showed both the SF and the Final when I looked at it the first time....but I don't see that now and I don't have any proof because I didn't take a screenshot

So.....as far as I can tell, Craig (in the Outlook calendars) and Michael (in his scheduler) are not catching the "Continuous" coding. I'll tell Craig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
Well, I'd swear that the Powers Scheduler showed both the SF and the Final when I looked at it the first time....but I don't see that now and I don't have any proof because I didn't take a screenshot

I have a printout of the Powers schedule that has C&K at both 12PM and 3PM.

So I just went into the website and it was there too. Then I backed out and came back in and the 3PM C&K was gone. Maybe it was cached and then reloaded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for reassuring me that this is not an indication of my insanity. (There are plenty of others )

I suspect that when Craig Trader output the new data (which I know he just updated) that he left the Continuous part out. I've informed him of the problem. I'm hopeful that it can be fixed quickly, which should flow into Power's scheduler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Powers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, looks in like the latest JSON feed the C&K final event got dropped.

{"Code": "C&K", "Prize": "3.0", "Format": "SE", "Continuous": "Y", "Event": "Settlers of Catan: Cities & Knights F", "Duration": 3.0, "Location": "Laurel", "Time": 15, "Date": "07/28/2017", "GM": "C. Gnech", "Class": "A"},
-

The file with all the differences marked is here if it's useful, which it will probably only be to Craig.

https://github.com/aidanp/event-scheduler/commit/e5b3cc46c9c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Powers
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
cached and then reloaded

Yes, the scheduler caches very aggressively so that once you visit it once, you can visit it again completely offline, on desktop or on mobile. The tradeoff is that you might need to refresh to see the latest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The aggressive caching is great. Unfortunately, the data it is based on has an issue at the moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.