Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Jabba's Realm mission Execute the plan there is an interract where the rebels can choose to get 2 strain when declaring they are doing an interract to get an extra surge on their check.

Would Onar need to decide to get the strain before or after rolling for his Brute Strenght power?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission Rule wrote:
... That hero may suffer 2
before performing the test to apply +1
to the results.

If you look closely, you notice that the timing is not when performing or declaring an interact, it is before performing the attribute test.

So, to me it seems the order is:
1. Onar has an action left and decides to perform an interact. (Onar's brute strength interact)
2. Onar performs Brute Strength to see whether the interact takes an Interact action or not.
3. If failed, Onar spends the action.
4. Interact requires an attribute test. Onar chooses which skill to use.
5. Before performing the attribute test the mission rule triggers and allows Onar to suffer two strain to gain an additional surge for the test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:
In the Jabba's Realm mission Execute the plan there is an interract where the rebels can choose to get 2 strain when declaring they are doing an interract to get an extra surge on their check.

Would Onar need to decide to get the strain before or after rolling for his Brute Strenght power?

I could be wrong, but you would pay the 2 strain before Brute Strength.

His ability is when you perform the test... This would be after declaring that you are going to perform a test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
When it happened last night we paid before Brute Strenght but I thought it was the other way around myself, it hindered us but didnt end up mattering a lot in the outcome of the mission.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I wish that mission was better balanced!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, side question: If the strain was taken when you declare the interact, would that be before Brute Strenght?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I can't really think why the order would matter, unless Onar is both wounded and bleeding.

See the thread I linked. There are some good thoughts about what happens with Brute Strength. (Probably: Yes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.