SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next up an old Reinhard Staupe card game from his own label. Several were children's speed games, but this is a simple card game that might appeal to adults.

There are 30 cards numbered 1-10 in 3 colours. Each player gets 10 each with the other 10 being laid on the table to be fought over. 2 are face down, but essentially you know 2/3rds of the cards in play. This makes you think you can suss out what the other player has and control some choices. But after playing 4 hands, I'm not so sure. A little thought pays, but it's not worth too much thought. 1 hand, I won the first 2 cards, Richard took the other 8 regardless of my attempts to beat him. So luck in the deal makes enough of a difference to turn it into just a fun filler.

To win the scoring cards, you simple play one from your hand against the most left or right hand card and your opponent plays theirs on their side, highest wins. The first card played should be a different colour to the scoring card, leaving the opponent required to play the third colour if they have it (otherwise they can choose the colour). You leave all the cards on the table, so the more cards are played, the more info is available.

Our scores went R28-J21, R16-J34, R36-J19, R9-J38. It seems to be feast or famine. Maybe a range of 1-12, leaving 6 cards out each hand, would bring in more competition. I read Ted Cheatham's session report before writing this, and I can't add much more, except Kommando shouldn't be overlooked for all it's simplicity. There's not much here, but still more than in many bigger packets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.