4 Posts

Delve» Forums » General

Subject: Question about encounter card no. 6 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CK Tsang
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
if I choose an option which requires an xp token in order to succeed, but I do not have any xp token on hand. can I be success?

I am not sure what the meaning of "you would lose an xp token if you had one and then succeed ( even if you did not discard a xp token)" showing at page 8 of the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are two separate instructions, separated by a full stop. So you execute both steps separately, without interdependence.

i.e. (1) lose XP (if you have one) AND (2) Succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Tsang
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mccrispy wrote:
These are two separate instructions, separated by a full stop. So you execute both steps separately, without interdependence.

i.e. (1) lose XP (if you have one) AND (2) Succeed.

how about the bracket ( even if you did not discard a xp token)? it seems contradictory to the option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not at all: that's what makes the two clauses independent. If you have an XP you lose it, then you succeed - even if you didn't have an XP to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.