Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
Rick Jenkins
United States
Converse
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLSK #3, Rule 7.8, third paragraph, third sentence: "A vehicular MG may attack another vehicle's crew if they are CE but may target another AFV as ordnance only if is the vehicle's MA."

IMHO, this clearly states that an AFV with a gun for an MA may not even attempt to fire it MGs at another AFV if the target is BU. Any TCA/VCA must be solely for the gun MA to fire at the enemy AFV.

This has ramifications for my previous post about CA DRMs. I had the idea that I could do a TCA/VCA, fire my MGs at an enemy tank while paying the CA DRMs, and then fire the MA with no CA DRMs thereby increasing my TH chances. But the sentence above indicates that this is not allowed because the MGs can't target the enemy tank if my tank has a gun MA.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Rick Jenkins wrote:
ASLSK #3, Rule 7.8, third paragraph, third sentence: "A vehicular MG may attack another vehicle's crew if they are CE but may target another AFV as ordnance only if is the vehicle's MA."

IMHO, this clearly states that an AFV with a gun for an MA may not even attempt to fire it MGs at another AFV if the target is BU.

No, you're misreading the rule; note the phrase: "as ordnance".

What the rule is saying is that if an AFV wants to try to kill another AFV with a MG (with a To Hit/To Kill ordnance attack), it can only do this if the MG is its MA. You can't make TH/TK attacks with a non-MA BMG or CMG. You can always fire BMGs & CMGs at other AFVs, but these IFT attacks will do no damage unless the target is CE.

Of course, a MG TH/TK attack, if it hits, likely won't do any damage either unless the target has really thin armor.

Rick Jenkins wrote:
I had the idea that I could do a TCA/VCA, fire my MGs at an enemy tank while paying the CA DRMs, and then fire the MA with no CA DRMs thereby increasing my TH chances.

Nope; the CA DRMs will affect the MG shots *and* the first shot of the MA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Jenkins
United States
Converse
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jay, Thanks for clarifying. Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.