Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Larsen
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
NR:NAF doesn't have many components, but I was wondering if any commercially available counter trays will fit the box. It seems a pretty close call as it is with the top of the box lid barely fitting over the contents in the bottom portion. The the card would need to fit somewhere as well.

I literally have no games right now with any trays to test this on. Otherwise I could just use the baggies I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got standard GMT trays (I think that's what they're called). Fits perfectly. The deeper boxes GMT is using for other games would be better, but NRNA is not as overstuffed as other games I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes GMT trays need trimmed with scissors to fit in the boxes... But they're the best.
No Retreat Italian Front is the best for everything going back in the box.

Baggies are always worse than trays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baggies aren't always worse. A friend uses some deep trays for his games, the type often used for stowing things like sewing supplies. They're high quality trays, but he just won't listen to me when I tell him they're too deep for storing most wargaming bits.

This is particularly true for the COIN games. He had me set up his Falling Sky the other day. It was a pain in the @$$ getting those wood bits out of those deep trays. I find this particularly frustrating because I store the COIN faction wood bits in baggies. There's only a few types of bits for each faction, they dump out of baggies in an instant, and they're easily sorted. I pointed this out but he just won't listen to me.

Note I use shallow GMT trays for the COIN counters. I still think baggies are better for the wood bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Larsen
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Baggies can work great for low counter games sometimes. It is a case by case issue.

I was wondering if you can still fit the cards in the No Retreat box with the GMT trays? I was trying to find something with a card well built in, but no luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it's overstuffed just a bit, not anyway near as bad as, for example, Twilight Struggle. Note I bundle the NRNA and NR Crete cards separately. That helps limit the overstuffing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always used GMT trays for my games. But I admit that for this game a series of baggies might just do the trick very well as there are not that many counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.