Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Cornaghie
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our latest game of TK has resulted in Germany playing Pact of Steel and obtaining Poland as an ally in Pre War, then in order to attack Russia with Operation Otto; declared war on the Baltic States in winter of 37-38, so that in Spring of 1938, could play Operation Otto as a pending card. Then moving through the Baltic States, smashed the Russians in the Summer of 1939 with Operation Otto and playing Ostland Accord in Fall 1939. Is this a correct rule sequence?

And after Ostland Accord ends, are Germany and Russia at war or at peace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Eastbourne, England (Yankee go home!)
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cctenn wrote:
Our latest game of TK has resulted in Germany playing Pact of Steel and obtaining Poland as an ally in Pre War, then in order to attack Russia with Operation Otto; declared war on the Baltic States in winter of 37-38, so that in Spring of 1938, could play Operation Otto as a pending card. Then moving through the Baltic States, smashed the Russians in the Summer of 1939 with Operation Otto and playing Ostland Accord in Fall 1939. Is this a correct rule sequence?

And after Ostland Accord ends, are Germany and Russia at war or at peace?

I don't see how it's possible Germany declared war that soon. It's still prewar, no declarations of war are allowed. Generally speaking, this can only be done from special demand card effects related to 'country resists' or in the case that Germany plays mobilization card 6, which can't possibly be done until 1940. Moreover, it's the allies that will dictate the pace of these possibilities, other than the allowed play of German card 6.

Otherwise, Ostland accord has specific effects as listed in rule 16.2.2. If you have a specific question about how that rule works, please so indicate

12.1 Pre-War Effects
Europe at Peace: The Axis faction cannot end a Policy by performing
certain “voluntary” actions (as defined in 13.6.1.2).
Clarification: An “involuntary” action (as defined in 13.6.1.2) that
ends a Policy is okay.
No faction can Declare War in its War & Peace Segment (6.1).
No unit can move or attack outside of its Country or Dependent. No
support unit or Airdrop marker can be placed in a hex, Naval Zone
Box or Strategic Warfare Box.
Clarification: A Convoy marker can be placed in a Convoys Box.
Option Card Selection Restrictions: A faction can only select a blue
Pre-War option card.

ps sorry for the edits I had trouble quoting your question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornaghie
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, I forgot the Axis could not declare war against a minor in pre war

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also note that the main advantage of Ostland Accord is that you secure multiple victory hexes deep in Soviet territory with it by turning them into German dependents. If you strike north with Otto, you can't do this (the only options for Ostland are all in the south/central area).

Getting Poland as an ally can be very valuable later in the war, but early on it just turns into a giant mess as you can't keep your units combined inside their territory in order to attack into Russia. This felt really weird the one time I tried it. Doesn't make sense that you wouldn't be able to field your army in your ally's territory on the border with your mutual enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.