South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
Lost in Cardboard
badge
Original Duckface
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys. I tried finding this question on the rules forum, but it looks like no-one else has asked this before.

With the expansion character card auction (from Princess and Muse), does it occur before or after the standard auction phase? The rules are maddeningly vague on when this happens exactly, and launches immediately into how to conduct it. I have seen people playing it either way (before or after the main auction).

The only reference I could find is under the separate BGG expansion entry:
"The expansion adds 6 special character cards which players can bid on in a second part of the auction phase. Thus, the auction phase has been split into two phases: the original auction phase and special character auction."

This seems to imply playing it after. Is there a definitive/official answer to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After. In my copy with the expansion included the normal auction is phase A1 the auction of the characters is phase A2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hertzog van Heerden
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
Lost in Cardboard
badge
Original Duckface
mbmbmbmbmb
r56ygf wrote:
After. In my copy with the expansion included the normal auction is phase A1 the auction of the characters is phase A2.

Thanks for that - I didn't see anything about A1 or A2 in the English rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Dutch edition it is shown on the board with the scoretrack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you can see it as well. https://boardgamegeek.com/image/210904/princes-florence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.