Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, trying to figure out resolving location cards. Unfortunately the example shows failing on the top, which isn't helpful for the rest.

So, I make a roll on the top attribute, if
I pass I move to the middle, if I fail I move to the end.

If in the middle I do a roll based upon the attribute in the middle section. If I pass, the location is resolved, if I fail I move to the bottom section.

On the bottom I resolve the ability in the middle.

Is this right?

Also do the icons in the left corner indicate bonuses for passing, and the lower right for failing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Conrad
United States
California
flag msg tools
You only complete two sections on a location card. If you pass the top you do the middle. If you fail the top you do the bottom. See step 4 of Completing Location Cards on page 7 of the rule book:

Quote:
No matter the resolution of this second Test, you have now completed the Location Card.

The icon on the lower left is the reward for passing, lower right is the penalty for failing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

So if doing a queens order, I get one favor for successfully completing the top, one for success in the middle (two total), and one for suceess on the bottom?(two total)

I can do the challenge on the queen card for a third favor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mohnkern wrote:
So if doing a queens order, I get one favor for successfully completing the top,
yes

mohnkern wrote:
one for success in the middle (two total),
Yes, then go to the queen's order test
mohnkern wrote:
and or one for success on the bottom?(two total)
No, because the top level was a success and you never got here. If you failed the top level, you'd go to the bottom. If that succeeds, it is your 1st time.

mohnkern wrote:
Yes, in your case (with two previous successes). If you had zero or 1 previous success, you still do the queen's test.

So, the possible outcomes in general for the queen's order are 0,1,2, or 3 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gerrard
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Litespeed Rider wrote:
mohnkern wrote:
So if doing a queens order, I get one favor for successfully completing the top,
yes

mohnkern wrote:
one for success in the middle (two total),
Yes, then go to the queen's order test
mohnkern wrote:
and or one for success on the bottom?(two total)
No, because the top level was a success and you never got here. If you failed the top level, you'd go to the bottom. If that succeeds, it is your 1st time.

mohnkern wrote:
Yes, in your case (with two previous successes). If you had zero or 1 previous success, you still do the queen's test.

So, the possible outcomes in general for the queen's order are 0,1,2, or 3 total.

Thank you Bella, your answer is completely correct. =)

I would note though that the OP is kinda mixing favor with success. You would place success tokens on the Queen's Order as you are successful on the test from the Location card or the Queen's Order itself

Dagerr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.