6 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Picking up discovery tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I got it into my head that a ship entering a hex with a discovery tile (or being present in that hex) allows the player to claim that tile.

However after reading the manual it seems only placing an influence disk on a tile will let you claim that discovery. Is this true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mercer
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

From Page 9 of the base game rule book (emphasis mine)

"...you may take control of the hex by placing an Influence Disc from your Influence Track on the hex. If the hex contains a Discovery Tile, you may take it when placing the Influence Disc."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well where did I get the other stupid idea!

I bet it was from reading the rules on Nebula...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheppard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even with the Nebula tile, you have to have a ship there after the combat phase.

ZJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but a ship alone cannot pick up a discovery tile on a regular tile. An influence disk is required right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VirtualAlex wrote:
Yes but a ship alone cannot pick up a discovery tile on a regular tile. An influence disk is required right?

Yes, Tim quoted the relevant rule section. There is no mention of a discovery tile in the rulebook that explains a different mechanism for picking it up other than placing an influence disc.

Edit: Also

Rulebook, p7 wrote:
Discovery Tiles
Some hexes contain a Discovery Tile which is awarded to you when you first take control of the hex by placing an Influence Disc there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.