Subject: Edge Cases: so many rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Berney P.
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Legendary has no memory, except when it does have memory, I don't know for sure the answers to these questions.

I'll arrange these by general concepts, specific cards, and then interactions.

For the most part I didn't see these covered in the FAQ. It's possible something with clear-cut answers already available has slipped through though.

General Concepts

Bystanders gained as Heroes
* Are they Bystanders or Heroes in the KO pile? (Do they remain Heroes if they're KO'd as Heroes, or do they always revert to Bystanders because they have no memory?)
* Do their colors, Recruit, Attack and Cost count when they're Bystanders?

"You may move a Villain to a new city space"
* Can this be used on Villains that aren't in the city? (Examples: Transform Citizens Into Demons; Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ; Cage Villains in Power Suppressing Cells; Build an Army of Annihilation; Madelyn Pryor, Goblin Queen; Fortify)
* Note that this is different than "adjacent", since these zones wouldn't be adjacent to the city.

"You may move a Villain to a new city space (if there's another Villain there, swap them)"
If this can be used on Villains that aren't in the city, what does swapping them do?

Multiple Masterminds in play whose Master Strikes do something with the M.S. card
Does each Master Strike resolve fully (possibly requiring tokens) or does the card end up in exactly one place? (Examples: Stryfe, Galactus, Mysterio, Nick Fury, Uru-Enchanted Iron Man, Macho Gomez, Deathbird)

Villains gained as Heroes
* Are they Villains or Heroes in the KO pile? (Do they remain Heroes if they're KO'd as Heroes, or do they always revert to Villains because they have no memory?)
* Do their colors, Recruit, Attack and Cost count when they're Villains?

Hero name
Do Special Sidekicks, Special Bystanders gained as Heroes, Villains gained as Heroes, or Shiklah's Husband, Deadpool have hero names?

Traps that become Villains
If a Trap becomes a Villain and is defeated, is it a Trap or a Villain in the Victory Pile? (My guess: Trap)

Specific Cards
Shapeshifted Copycat
* When defeated as a Villain, its rescue effect doesn't apply. But does it then count as a Villain or Bystander in the Victory Pile?
* If it escapes as a Villain, does it count as a Villain or a Bystander in the Escape Pile?
* If it's KO'd as a Villain, does it count as a Villain or a Bystander in the KO Pile?

Corrupt the Next Generation of Heroes
Do all Sidekicks in the Escape Pile count as having escaped, or only Sidekicks which were Villains that escape? (Example: Dominate)

Zombie Mysterio (The Deadlands)
If this becomes a Tactic and is defeated, does it count as a Villain or Tactic in the Victory Pile?

Endless Hatred
If the Master Strike effect expects there to be a card, do you use the Twist card? What if the Twist effect is already using the card? What if the Scheme expects there to be Twists in the KO pile to later use? (See "General Concepts" for example Masterminds. Example Schemes: Portals to Dark Dimension, Replace Earth's Leaders with Killbots, Capture Baby Hope, Detonate the Helicarrier, Steal the Weaponized Plutonium, Flood the Planet with Melted Glaciers, Invincible Force Field, Weave a Web of Lies, Crown Thor King of Asgard, Mass Produce War Machine Armor, Intergalactic Kree Nega-Bomb, The Kree-Skrull War, Unite the Shards, Last Stand at Avengers Tower, Build an Army of Annihilation, Crush Them With My Bare Hands, Master of Tyrants, The Fountain of Eternal Life, The God-Emperor of Battleworld, Master the Mysteries of Kung-Fu, Sinister Ambitions, Brainwash the Military, Change the Outcome of WWII, Dark Reign of HAMMER Officers, United States Split by Civil War, Alien Brood Encounters, Anti-Mutant Hatred, Mutant-Hunting Super Sentinels, Nuclear Armageddon, Televised Deathtraps of Mojoworld, X-Men Danger Room Goes Berserk)

Rack and Ruin
If the Twist effect is already using the card and the Master Strike effect needs to use a card, what happens? Does Rack and Ruin remain where the Twist effect put it, or does the M.S. effect take over?

Master of Tyrants
* Do Tyrant Villains count as Villains or Tactics in your Victory Pile? (Or both?)
* Is Tyrant Villain an Adversary Group?

Hidden Heart of Evil
Clearly the Tactics count as Tactics in your Victory Pile, for the Scheme Twist effect to work. Do they also count as Villains in your Victory Pile?

Deathbird
After a Tactic is defeated as a Villain, does it count as a Villain or a Tactic in your Victory Pile? (Or both?)

Specific Card Interactions
Random Acts of Unkindness (Deadpool, Unaffiliated)/Weasel (Deadpool's "Friends")/Windows of Watoomb (Dr. Strange Tactic)/Father of Lies (Loki) + Mind Control (Professor X)
I assume that if a Villain gained as a Hero by Mind Control changes hands, it remains affected by Mind Control.

Mental Dominance (Professor X Tactic) + Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
* Mental Dominance adds the top three cards (not just Allies) of the Ally Deck to his pile of Telepathic Pawns. With this Scheme, he might grab Henchman Villains. From reading his card these do not add +1 Attack to Professor X, and don't stop players from recruiting the topmost actual Ally in the stack. Can they be fought from this pile?
* What if it's Thor Corps? Does it still count as a Villain or become a Hero?

Mental Dominance (Professor X Tactic) + Save Humanity
* Mental Dominance adds the top three cards (not just Allies) of the Ally Deck to his pile of Telepathic Pawns. With this Scheme, he might grab Bystanders. From reading his card, these do not add +1 Attack to Professor X, and don't stop players from recruiting the topmost actual Ally in the stack. I assume these are not captured and aren't rescued by defeating Professor X.
* What if it's a Special Bystander that becomes a Hero? Does it still count as a Bystander or become a Hero?

Alien Brood Encounters / Anti-Mutant Hatred + Mind Control (Professor X) + Mystique (Brotherhood)/Nighthawk (Utopolis)
Memory issue: With these Schemes, a Mistique or Nighthawk card in a player's deck could be a Scheme Twist or a Mind Controlled Hero. Since there are two copies each of Mistique and Nighthawk, if one of the two copies Escapes and the other copy of the same card is Mind Controlled, if they ever wind up in the same deck it's impossible to know which is which.

Turn the Tide (Mistique) + Save Humanity
What does playing a copy of a Bystander do? (And what if it's a Special Bystander that can be gained as a Hero?)

Turn the Tide (Mistique) + Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
What does playing a copy of a Villain do? (And what if it's a Villain that can be gained as a Hero?)

Alien Brood Encounters / Anti-Mutant Hatred + Spider-Totem's Chosen (Spider-Man Noir) / Steal Abilities (Rogue)
What does playing a copy of a Scheme Twist do?

Replace Earth's Leaders with Killbots + Shapeshifted Copycat
If you rescue a Shapeshifted Copycat (from the Bystander stack or because it's captured by a Villain) and it enters the city as a Villain, does it become a Killbot or keep its usual 3 Attack and Fight effect?

Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters/The Mark of the Konshu + Psychic Subjugation (Dark Descendants)
Do Heroes that become Villains from Psychic Subjugation become Skrulls/Konshu Guardians per the Scheme, or do they keep the standard Attack=Cost from Psychic Subjugation?

Brainwash the Military + Maria Hill, Director of SHIELD/SHIELD Elite
* Do SHIELD Officers created by Maria Hill or SHIELD Elite effects get the Attack bonus from the Scheme?
* Since neither effect changes their names, I assume SHIELD Officers from the Villain Deck protect Maria Hill and SHIELD Officers from Maria Hill/SHIELD Elite effects which escape as Villains count toward the Evil Wins condition.

Change the Outcome of WWII + King Hyperion
* Since King Hyperion isn't a Villain, I assume his escape alone doesn't cause a conquered capital.
* If the city changes sizes such that King Hyperion is no longer in the city, does he immediately escape?

Change the Outcome of WWII + Authoritarian Iron Man
* If the city changes sizes such that the space Authoritarian Iron Man is fortifying is no longer in the city, does he remain on that space until the next Master Strike (which may mean another Twist causes that space to be in the city again before he moves), or does he move back to the Mastermind space?
* I assume that on a Master Strike he moves to the next space that actually exists.
* If he is already fortifying the rightmost space when a Master Strike is drawn, I assume he continues fortifying that space.

Hidden Heart of Darkness + Dark Apprentice/The Apprentice Rises
* Is the additional Mastermind's single Tactic shuffled into the Villain Deck when the Mastermind enters the game, or does that Tactic follow the usual rules (ignoring the Scheme)?

Change the Outcome of WWII + Galactus
Does each Master Strike permanently destroy the leftmost space of every country hereafter, permanently destroy the leftmost space (of the current country) for any countries that would use it, or temporarily destroy the leftmost space of the current country only?

God of Mischief (Loki) + Save Humanity/Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
* Since Bystanders and Villains are (usually) treated as having a cost of 0, God of Mischief could swap a 0-cost card from someone's hand into the Lair for a Villain or Bystander (without turning it into an Ally). What would that do?
* In the case of Villains or Bystanders which can be gained as Heroes (swapping a card of the printed cost), would the card become a Hero since it was swapped into a deck?

King Hyperion + Ra'ktar the Molan King (Subterranea)
If King Hyperion is on the Bridge when Ra'ktar's Ambush moves a Villain into the Bridge, does the Villain push King Hyperion to escape? (King Hyperion isn't a Villain.) Or would they share the Bridge space?

Colossus of Future Past (Sentinel Territories) + Monstrous Pinball Machine (Murderworld)
If I defeat Colossus of Future Past on my turn but suffer the Monstrous Pinball Machine effect, how many Villain cards are played on the next player's turn?

Ms Marvel (Superhuman Registration Act) + Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
When Ms. Marvel is Fortifying a space in the HQ, does she count as being in the HQ for the Scheme's "Evil Wins" condition?

General Concepts and Specific Card Interactions
Bystanders gained as Heroes + God of Mischief (Loki)
* With God of Mischief (Loki) a Special Bystander gained as a Hero could be swapped into the HQ. I assume it would remain a Hero there and be recruitable.
* + Save Humanity: With God of Mischief (Loki) and Save Humanity, a Special Bystander gained as a Hero could be swapped into the HQ. Would it remain a Hero there and be recruitable (and be immune to the Scheme), or revert to a Bystander (and be rescuable for 2 Recruit, and be vulnerable to the Scheme)?

Bystanders gained as Heroes + Save Humanity + Professor X (Commander)/'92 Professor X (X-Men '92)
I assume Bystanders which haven't been rescued aren't Heroes yet and can't be grabbed from HQ by the Command Strike. I assume that the players must remember any Bystanders-gained-as-Heroes taken from the deck by Mental Dominance do not count as Allies but any taken from players by Mightiest Mutant Mind do count and can be recruited from the stack of Telepathic Pawns.

Villains gained as Heroes + God of Mischief (Loki)
With God of Mischief (Loki) a Villain gained as a Hero could be swapped into the HQ. I assume it would remain a Hero there and be recruitable by paying Recruit equal to its printed Attack, since its printed Attack is its Cost as a Hero.
+ Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ: I assume the players must remember which Villains-gained-as-Heroes are still Villains and which have become Heroes which were swapped into the HQ.

Villains gained as Heroes + Mightiest Mutant Mind (Professor X Tactic)
With Mightiest Mutant Mind, Professor X could take a Villain gained as a Hero into his pile of Telepathic Pawns. I assume it would remain a Hero there, adding +1 to Professor X's Attack and being recruitable by paying Recruit equal to its printed Attack (which is its Cost as a Hero).

Villains gained as Heroes + Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ + Mental Dominance (Professor X Tactic)
I assume the players must remember which Villains-gained-as-Heroes in the Telepathic Pawns pile are still Villains (and don't add to Professor X's Attack) and which have become Heroes.

Villain movement with "(if there's another Villain there, swap them)" + King Hyperion
King Hyperion isn't a Villain and isn't affected by that which affects Villains. So if a Villain is moved into his space, does he stay put (so they occupy the same space), does he swap, or does he get pushed one space forward?

Dominate + X-Cutioner's Song
* The definition of Dominate does not use the word "capture", so I assume that Dominated Heroes do not provide +2 Attack from the Scheme and are not KO'd by Twists.
* Do they count as "carried off" if they reach the Escape Pile?

Dominate + Crush HYDRA
The definition of Dominate does not use the word "capture", so I assume that Dominated Heroes do not provide +1 Attack from the Scheme and are not moved to the Overrun Pile by Twist 8, but count toward the Plot if they reach the Overrun Pile.

Multiple Masterminds + Hidden Heart of Darkness
* Do Tactics in the city protect ALL Masterminds or only their own Mastermind?
* In spite of the ambiguous wording on the Scheme, I assume you still have to defeat every Mastermind to win.

"Gaining" cards (without checking that they're Hero cards) from the HQ or Hero Deck + Save Humanity / Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
This can cause a player to "gain" a Bystander or Villain. What does that do? (Examples: Comic Shop Keeper, Telepathic Ninjutsu (Psylocke), Dr. Strange: Eye of Agamotto)

Piercing Energy + Uru-Enchanted Weapons
Do you resolve Uru-Enchanted Weapons when fighting with Piercing Energy? (Boosting Attack can't cause it to fail, but it matters for the order of cards in the Villain Deck and for some Fight effects.)

Multiple Masterminds + Fight to the End
Does Fight to the End apply only to the original Mastermind, or to each Mastermind that uses Tactics (even if it only has one Tactic in play)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This right here is the PERFECT example of what I was talking about in another thread.

I would love/prefer it if the UDE staff took a break from an expansion development cycle and dedicate it to an official, in-depth, fully shook-out, FAQ/Addendum/Errata.

I know we have our FAQ here, but in the big picture, our BGG close-knit community is only a small part of the bigger world of players of our game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that everything reverts to what it originally was once it is ko'd or in a victory pile.

These are good questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Puderbaugh
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my guesses:
Quote:
Bystanders gained as Heroes
* Are they Bystanders or Heroes in the KO pile? (Do they remain Heroes if they're KO'd as Heroes, or do they always revert to Bystanders because they have no memory?)

Revert to bystanders because they have no memory.

Quote:
* Do their colors, Recruit, Attack and Cost count when they're Bystanders?

For anything that cares I would say they do, for example Dark Phoenix interacting with a bystander that's become part of the hero deck.

Quote:
"You may move a Villain to a new city space"
* Can this be used on Villains that aren't in the city? (Examples: Transform Citizens Into Demons; Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ; Cage Villains in Power Suppressing Cells; Build an Army of Annihilation; Madelyn Pryor, Goblin Queen; Fortify)

Interesting question -- I would guess not, since they can't move to a "new city space" if they don't have an "old city space".

Quote:
Multiple Masterminds in play whose Master Strikes do something with the M.S. card
Does each Master Strike resolve fully (possibly requiring tokens) or does the card end up in exactly one place? (Examples: Stryfe, Galactus, Mysterio, Nick Fury, Uru-Enchanted Iron Man, Macho Gomez, Deathbird)

Since tokens are optional they can't be required. I would say the card ends up in exactly one place, and the active player determines order so can choose where it ends up.

Quote:
Villains gained as Heroes
* Are they Villains or Heroes in the KO pile? (Do they remain Heroes if they're KO'd as Heroes, or do they always revert to Villains because they have no memory?)

Revert to Villains because they have no memory.

Quote:
* Do their colors, Recruit, Attack and Cost count when they're Villains?

For anything that cares (like Dark Phoenix when villains are in the hero deck) I would think they care.

Quote:
Hero name
Do Special Sidekicks, Special Bystanders gained as Heroes, Villains gained as Heroes, or Shiklah's Husband, Deadpool have hero names?

Sure.

Quote:
Traps that become Villains
If a Trap becomes a Villain and is defeated, is it a Trap or a Villain in the Victory Pile? (My guess: Trap)

Trap because no memory.

Quote:
Shapeshifted Copycat
* When defeated as a Villain, its rescue effect doesn't apply. But does it then count as a Villain or Bystander in the Victory Pile?

Bystander. No memory.

Quote:
* If it escapes as a Villain, does it count as a Villain or a Bystander in the Escape Pile?

Once in the escape pool, bystander. No memory.

Quote:
* If it's KO'd as a Villain, does it count as a Villain or a Bystander in the KO Pile?

One in the KO pile, bystander. No memory.

Quote:
Corrupt the Next Generation of Heroes
Do all Sidekicks in the Escape Pile count as having escaped, or only Sidekicks which were Villains that escape? (Example: Dominate)

Evil wins condition is "when 4 sidekicks escape". This is different than "when 4 sidekicks are in the escape pool". Dominate says "If a Villain escapes, any Heroes Dominated by that Villain go to the Escape Pile too", but it doesn't say the heroes escape, so I'd say they don't count.

Quote:
Zombie Mysterio (The Deadlands)
If this becomes a Tactic and is defeated, does it count as a Villain or Tactic in the Victory Pile?

Villain. No memory.

Quote:
Endless Hatred
If the Master Strike effect expects there to be a card, do you use the Twist card?

Endless Hatred says "Whenever you complete a Scheme Twist, also play the Mastermind's Master Strike ability." When the Master Strike ability calls for something to be done with a Master Strike card, there is no card to do something with. Endless Hatred does not say the Scheme Twist *becomes* a Master Strike.

This avoids any issue with the cases where the Scheme expects something to be done with a scheme twist.

Quote:
Rack and Ruin
If the Twist effect is already using the card and the Master Strike effect needs to use a card, what happens? Does Rack and Ruin remain where the Twist effect put it, or does the M.S. effect take over?

Order is the other way: "This card becomes a Master Strike that takes effect immediately. Then, this card becomes a Scheme Twist that takes effect immediately." So if the Master Strike moves "this card" somewhere and then the Scheme Twist moves "this card" somewhere else, the card would end up where the Scheme Twist puts it. No "lost track" rule in Legendary.

Quote:
Master of Tyrants
* Do Tyrant Villains count as Villains or Tactics in your Victory Pile? (Or both?)

Tactics, no memory. The win condition is "When 5 Tyrant Villains escape" not when 5 Tyrant Villains are in the escape pile, so they don't need to be villains anywhere but the city.

Quote:
* Is Tyrant Villain an Adversary Group?

I don't think so.

Quote:
Hidden Heart of Evil
Clearly the Tactics count as Tactics in your Victory Pile, for the Scheme Twist effect to work. Do they also count as Villains in your Victory Pile?

Tactics, no memory. Although Hidden Heart of Darkeness says "Shuffle the Mastermind Tactics into the Villain Deck as Villains", there's no effect from the scheme that needs the Tactics to be Villains anywhere outside the city.

Quote:
Deathbird
After a Tactic is defeated as a Villain, does it count as a Villain or a Tactic in your Victory Pile? (Or both?)

I would say tactics no memory, though I think Deathbird's card clearly wants escaped tactics and master strikes in the escape pile to buff up Deathbird. So in this case the designers may well intend there to be a memory.

Quote:
Random Acts of Unkindness (Deadpool, Unaffiliated)/Weasel (Deadpool's "Friends")/Windows of Watoomb (Dr. Strange Tactic)/Father of Lies (Loki) + Mind Control (Professor X)
I assume that if a Villain gained as a Hero by Mind Control changes hands, it remains affected by Mind Control.

I would agree.

Quote:
Mental Dominance (Professor X Tactic) + Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
* Mental Dominance adds the top three cards (not just Allies) of the Ally Deck to his pile of Telepathic Pawns. With this Scheme, he might grab Henchman Villains. From reading his card these do not add +1 Attack to Professor X, and don't stop players from recruiting the topmost actual Ally in the stack. Can they be fought from this pile?

I don't think they can be fought, but I agree with your reading -- they don't buff Professor X and they don't stop the topmost ally from being recruited. Bad luck for his tactic.

Quote:
* What if it's Thor Corps? Does it still count as a Villain or become a Hero?

It's a Villain until the Fight effect kicks in, so bad luck for his tactic.

Quote:
Mental Dominance (Professor X Tactic) + Save Humanity
* Mental Dominance adds the top three cards (not just Allies) of the Ally Deck to his pile of Telepathic Pawns. With this Scheme, he might grab Bystanders. From reading his card, these do not add +1 Attack to Professor X, and don't stop players from recruiting the topmost actual Ally in the stack. I assume these are not captured and aren't rescued by defeating Professor X.

I would agree.

Quote:
* What if it's a Special Bystander that becomes a Hero? Does it still count as a Bystander or become a Hero?

It's a bystander until rescued, so despite having a recruitment cost it can neither be rescued nor recruited as a pawn.

Quote:
Alien Brood Encounters / Anti-Mutant Hatred + Mind Control (Professor X) + Mystique (Brotherhood)/Nighthawk (Utopolis)
Memory issue: With these Schemes, a Mistique or Nighthawk card in a player's deck could be a Scheme Twist or a Mind Controlled Hero. Since there are two copies each of Mistique and Nighthawk, if one of the two copies Escapes and the other copy of the same card is Mind Controlled, if they ever wind up in the same deck it's impossible to know which is which.

Agreed. However, since you know you have two copies in the same deck, you know they are different, and you know they aren't distinguishable, just randomly (coin flip or die) choose whether the first one out of the deck is the mind-controlled version; then the second one in the deck will be the second kind.

Quote:
Turn the Tide (Mistique) + Save Humanity
What does playing a copy of a Bystander do? (And what if it's a Special Bystander that can be gained as a Hero?)

Bad luck for Misty. It doesn't get played, and so it doesn't get moved to the bottom of the deck.

Quote:
Turn the Tide (Mistique) + Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
What does playing a copy of a Villain do? (And what if it's a Villain that can be gained as a Hero?)

Bad luck for Misty. It doesn't get played, and so it doesn't get moved to the bottom of the deck.

Quote:
Alien Brood Encounters / Anti-Mutant Hatred + Spider-Totem's Chosen (Spider-Man Noir) / Steal Abilities (Rogue)
What does playing a copy of a Scheme Twist do?

Neither twist is played from your deck, one has a when-drawn effect and the other an in-hand effect, so playing a copy did nothing. Should a scheme come out that puts a twist in a players deck and does something when "played", then something like Steal Abilities could trigger it.

Quote:
Replace Earth's Leaders with Killbots + Shapeshifted Copycat
If you rescue a Shapeshifted Copycat (from the Bystander stack or because it's captured by a Villain) and it enters the city as a Villain, does it become a Killbot or keep its usual 3 Attack and Fight effect?

Killbots only come from the Villain deck, and the rescued copycat isn't coming from there. It has its usual attack and fight effect and if it escapes would not count as a killbot escaping.

Quote:
Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters/The Mark of the Konshu + Psychic Subjugation (Dark Descendants)
Do Heroes that become Villains from Psychic Subjugation become Skrulls/Konshu Guardians per the Scheme, or do they keep the standard Attack=Cost from Psychic Subjugation?

Secret Invasion only skrull-izes heroes from the villain deck or the twist effect. Mark of Konshu only affects heroes from the villain deck. So neither would apply to psychically subjugated heroes. However, Secret Invasion, unlike Konshu, only cares about *heroes* in the escape deck. So an escaped subjugated hero would count towards the scheme's win condition.

Quote:
Brainwash the Military + Maria Hill, Director of SHIELD/SHIELD Elite
* Do SHIELD Officers created by Maria Hill or SHIELD Elite effects get the Attack bonus from the Scheme?

Since the scheme only specifies Officers in the Villain deck before giving their attack, I think they do not.

Quote:
* Since neither effect changes their names, I assume SHIELD Officers from the Villain Deck protect Maria Hill and SHIELD Officers from Maria Hill/SHIELD Elite effects which escape as Villains count toward the Evil Wins condition.

Agreed. Tough combo.

Quote:
Change the Outcome of WWII + King Hyperion
* Since King Hyperion isn't a Villain, I assume his escape alone doesn't cause a conquered capital.

Agreed.

Quote:
* If the city changes sizes such that King Hyperion is no longer in the city, does he immediately escape?

Yes.

Quote:
Change the Outcome of WWII + Authoritarian Iron Man
* If the city changes sizes such that the space Authoritarian Iron Man is fortifying is no longer in the city, does he remain on that space until the next Master Strike (which may mean another Twist causes that space to be in the city again before he moves), or does he move back to the Mastermind space?

I'd say he remains where he is, and since there's no villain there he can be fought.

Quote:
* I assume that on a Master Strike he moves to the next space that actually exists.

I agree.

Quote:
* If he is already fortifying the rightmost space when a Master Strike is drawn, I assume he continues fortifying that space.

Agreed. On the Villains board, this will happen every time since he always starts at the Bridge.

[
Quote:
u]Hidden Heart of Darkness[/u] + Dark Apprentice/The Apprentice Rises
* Is the additional Mastermind's single Tactic shuffled into the Villain Deck when the Mastermind enters the game, or does that Tactic follow the usual rules (ignoring the Scheme)?

Scheme is a setup effect. Dark Apprentice is an ambition so happens after setup and would not be affected. Apprentice Rises is a horror, if it comes into play via Ambush effect it would not be affected, but if chosen as part of setup you could choose whether to apply the horror before or after applying the scheme.

Quote:
Change the Outcome of WWII + Galactus
Does each Master Strike permanently destroy the leftmost space of every country hereafter, permanently destroy the leftmost space (of the current country) for any countries that would use it, or temporarily destroy the leftmost space of the current country only?

He permanently destroys the space closest to him, but since the scheme isn't bound by the spaces available in the city, it will make a city of the required number of spaces, even if it means going past the end of the board (as it does for USSR already)

Quote:
God of Mischief (Loki) + Save Humanity/Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
* Since Bystanders and Villains are (usually) treated as having a cost of 0, God of Mischief could swap a 0-cost card from someone's hand into the Lair for a Villain or Bystander (without turning it into an Ally). What would that do?

Create an unplayable card with no wound-like self-removal abilities.

Quote:
* In the case of Villains or Bystanders which can be gained as Heroes (swapping a card of the printed cost), would the card become a Hero since it was swapped into a deck?

They only become heroes when fought/rescued, so no.

Quote:
King Hyperion + Ra'ktar the Molan King (Subterranea)
If King Hyperion is on the Bridge when Ra'ktar's Ambush moves a Villain into the Bridge, does the Villain push King Hyperion to escape? (King Hyperion isn't a Villain.) Or would they share the Bridge space?

The card effect of "pushing the villain there to escape" wouldn't make Hyperion escape since he's not a villain, but I think the framework rules would still push Hyperion out and make him escape -- I think the card text is reminder text more than a special effect that prevents sharing the space. Sharing isn't allowed.

Quote:
Colossus of Future Past (Sentinel Territories) + Monstrous Pinball Machine (Murderworld)
If I defeat Colossus of Future Past on my turn but suffer the Monstrous Pinball Machine effect, how many Villain cards are played on the next player's turn?

Fight effect reduces to zero, trap increases to two.

Quote:
Ms Marvel (Superhuman Registration Act) + Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
When Ms. Marvel is Fortifying a space in the HQ, does she count as being in the HQ for the Scheme's "Evil Wins" condition?

Fortify says to place "on or near" the specified place. Place her "near" instead of "on" so that she definitely won't count.

Quote:
Bystanders gained as Heroes + God of Mischief (Loki)
* With God of Mischief (Loki) a Special Bystander gained as a Hero could be swapped into the HQ. I assume it would remain a Hero there and be recruitable.

Since it's already a hero and has a recruit cost, I agree.

Quote:
* + Save Humanity: With God of Mischief (Loki) and Save Humanity, a Special Bystander gained as a Hero could be swapped into the HQ. Would it remain a Hero there and be recruitable (and be immune to the Scheme), or revert to a Bystander (and be rescuable for 2 Recruit, and be vulnerable to the Scheme)?

Since it's already a hero, I'd say it remains as a hero and is still recruitable.

Quote:
Bystanders gained as Heroes + Save Humanity + Professor X (Commander)/'92 Professor X (X-Men '92)
I assume Bystanders which haven't been rescued aren't Heroes yet and can't be grabbed from HQ by the Command Strike. I assume that the players must remember any Bystanders-gained-as-Heroes taken from the deck by Mental Dominance do not count as Allies but any taken from players by Mightiest Mutant Mind do count and can be recruited from the stack of Telepathic Pawns.

Agreed.

Quote:
Villains gained as Heroes + God of Mischief (Loki)
With God of Mischief (Loki) a Villain gained as a Hero could be swapped into the HQ. I assume it would remain a Hero there and be recruitable by paying Recruit equal to its printed Attack, since its printed Attack is its Cost as a Hero.

Agreed.

Quote:
+ Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ: I assume the players must remember which Villains-gained-as-Heroes are still Villains and which have become Heroes which were swapped into the HQ.

Agreed.

Quote:
Villains gained as Heroes + Mightiest Mutant Mind (Professor X Tactic)
With Mightiest Mutant Mind, Professor X could take a Villain gained as a Hero into his pile of Telepathic Pawns. I assume it would remain a Hero there, adding +1 to Professor X's Attack and being recruitable by paying Recruit equal to its printed Attack (which is its Cost as a Hero).

Agreed.

Quote:
Villains gained as Heroes + Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ + Mental Dominance (Professor X Tactic)
I assume the players must remember which Villains-gained-as-Heroes in the Telepathic Pawns pile are still Villains (and don't add to Professor X's Attack) and which have become Heroes.

Agreed.

Quote:
Villain movement with "(if there's another Villain there, swap them)" + King Hyperion
King Hyperion isn't a Villain and isn't affected by that which affects Villains. So if a Villain is moved into his space, does he stay put (so they occupy the same space), does he swap, or does he get pushed one space forward?

Pushed one space forward IMO.

Quote:
Dominate + X-Cutioner's Song
* The definition of Dominate does not use the word "capture", so I assume that Dominated Heroes do not provide +2 Attack from the Scheme and are not KO'd by Twists.

Agreed.

Quote:
* Do they count as "carried off" if they reach the Escape Pile?

If they're carried off by the Dominating villain escaping, I think they do count.

Quote:
Dominate + Crush HYDRA
The definition of Dominate does not use the word "capture", so I assume that Dominated Heroes do not provide +1 Attack from the Scheme and are not moved to the Overrun Pile by Twist 8, but count toward the Plot if they reach the Overrun Pile.

Agreed. The plot only cares about numbers in the overrun pile, not how they got there.

Quote:
Multiple Masterminds + Hidden Heart of Darkness
* Do Tactics in the city protect ALL Masterminds or only their own Mastermind?

ALL masterminds, I think.

Quote:
* In spite of the ambiguous wording on the Scheme, I assume you still have to defeat every Mastermind to win.

Agreed.

Quote:
"Gaining" cards (without checking that they're Hero cards) from the HQ or Hero Deck + Save Humanity / Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
This can cause a player to "gain" a Bystander or Villain. What does that do? (Examples: Comic Shop Keeper, Telepathic Ninjutsu (Psylocke), Dr. Strange: Eye of Agamotto)

Dead card. At least if it's not solo you can stick somebody else with them.

Quote:
Piercing Energy + Uru-Enchanted Weapons
Do you resolve Uru-Enchanted Weapons when fighting with Piercing Energy? (Boosting Attack can't cause it to fail, but it matters for the order of cards in the Villain Deck and for some Fight effects.)

You still resolve it.

Quote:
Multiple Masterminds + Fight to the End
Does Fight to the End apply only to the original Mastermind, or to each Mastermind that uses Tactics (even if it only has one Tactic in play)?

"After you defeat the Mastermind's four Tactics, you must still fight the Mastermind a fifth time to put the Mastermind card in your Victory Pile and win." I think it only applies to Masterminds with the full tactics set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, as Dale said many times in his post, remembering the 'no memory' general rule in many of these instances is a sound resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.