Rodrigo de Salazar
Spain
Villanueva de la Cañada
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I just played my first game and something didn't quite add up: In the first round there was an event which, after screwing with you a bit, stays there for you to address it, and it says "ROUNDS LEFT: 3".

We just ignored it and in the second round suddenly the event produces its consequences ("it triggers", as I call it) and then dissapears from the list (a new event appears as usual and it's now the only one remaining on the list).

I was quite surprised by this, as I'm used to playing Robinson Crusoe where you have a fixed # of rounds to address events, but after reading the relevant section in the manual, let me see if I got this straigth:

When an event appears, there are 3 rounds in which you can address it. At any moment during those rounds it can trigger and affect you negatively, and you don't know when that can be. In any case, after triggering or after 3 rounds pass, you can forget about the event.

Just to be sure, am I right, is this the intended behavior?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is. Ignacy clarified that in his hour long Q&A on YouTube yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo de Salazar
Spain
Villanueva de la Cañada
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhhh I missed that, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkanoid wrote:
Hi!

I just played my first game and something didn't quite add up: In the first round there was an event which, after screwing with you a bit, stays there for you to address it, and it says "ROUNDS LEFT: 3".

We just ignored it and in the second round suddenly the event produces its consequences ("it triggers", as I call it) and then dissapears from the list (a new event appears as usual and it's now the only one remaining on the list).

I was quite surprised by this, as I'm used to playing Robinson Crusoe where you have a fixed # of rounds to address events, but after reading the relevant section in the manual, let me see if I got this straigth:

When an event appears, there are 3 rounds in which you can address it. At any moment during those rounds it can trigger and affect you negatively, and you don't know when that can be. In any case, after triggering or after 3 rounds pass, you can forget about the event.

Just to be sure, am I right, is this the intended behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Yes.
It is explained in the GENERAL RULES QUESTIONS thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1813626/general-rules-quest...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo de Salazar
Spain
Villanueva de la Cañada
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Ignacy, and thanks for the time you're taking to help us all understand the rules. I guess we're finding them a bit challenging at some points, but totally worth it... keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.