George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

I had a couple of questions I couldn't find the answer to:

1) Normally, when you are in a space with more than 1 warship, you get a -1 when you attack one of the warships (and also get a -1 on Tests from adventure cards). Do you also get that -1 penalty when using Steam Torpedoes? I assume not (as it is otherwise unmodified).

2) When you play as Explorer, your treasure tokens give you +1 victory points. Does this mean that when you spend treasure tokens to rest/refit/etc. you get +1 DRM? Or is it just the printed treasure token value?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - I don't believe the torpedoes suffer the -1 as that isn't a standard attack. Page 22 specifies how to handle a NON-TORPEDO Attack.

2 - No, the +1 isn't factored in until the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A. Nautilus Non-Torpedo Attack TEST: Roll 2d6 and compare the modifed result to that Ship
token’s Defense Strength. The DRMs are:
+1 if making a Stalk Attack
+1 if the Nautilus is upgraded with a Strengthened Prow
+X for any one Exerted Ship Resource (maximum of one Resource)
-1 if there is any other revealed Warship in that Ocean (besides the one targeted)

Agreed that there is no place explicitly telling you NOT to use modifiers with Torpedoes...but if you read the rules exactly, there are no modifiers mentioned.

Also, it's in the FAQ

Quote:
p.19: Torpedo Attack [clarification]: A Torpedo Attack follows the normal Attack procedure (i.e., if you are targeting a Warship, it will fire
first!) The Torpedo Attack dice/die roll is always unmodified when rolled. However, 2d6 dice rolls, if your Torpedo Attack was a 2d6 dice roll,
can be “saved” by Emergency Help (p.26)

I can't remember where this was asked and answered, but DRM's from treasure are never modified by Motive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
I can't remember where this was asked and answered, but DRM's from treasure are never modified by Motive.

It's also on the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right...missed it.
Quote:

p.13: Test DRMs [clarifications]:
o For the first (-1 DRM) modifier, add to the end “unless otherwise noted.” For example, if you Incite, then each revealed Ship token
present is another negative DRM for you!
o Nemo’s Motive only modifies your Victory Point score at the end of the game, not the value of Treasure tokens spent for DRMs during
play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to look it up as I was the same as you - I remembered reading it, but wasn't sure where. The game is sheer class. Can't wait to get it to the table again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.