Hide
4 Posts

Pandemic: The Cure» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event Cards - General Timing Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Arnold
msg tools
We attempted to play this game last night for the first time and ran into questions regarding the timing of events. The version of the rules i have don't clarify anything for us, so i have some general questions to you experts out there.

first, my version of the rules say in part:

"To use an event, place the required cross dice into the infection bag then follow its instructions.

Once you have rolled the dice, you must place them and resolve any outbreaks before any player can play an Event card."

What dice are they talking about?? I simply dont understand this.

what is the timing of event cards? Can i buy them and use them before i roll my action dice? can i buy and use them between rolling my action dice and resolving the biohazard dice (especially the event that lets me reroll a biohazard die)? Can i buy and use them after resolving any biohazard die and in between resolving the rest of my action dice? Can i only buy and use them after using all my action dice that i choose to on a turn? Can i buy them and place them in front of me to use later, or are they immediately resolved (thinking of 1 quiet night)? if its my turn, can another player buy and use them as i'm resolving my action dice?

i dont know if i have an old version of the rules, but they are seriously lacking in explaining the timing of event cards.

thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at my rules and thinking that it looks very straightforward. So I thought to suggest you might go get the latest copy of the rules. That's when I saw that you HAD the latest version... which IS a bit messed up compared to mine.

That third paragraph in Events is what's derailing you. What it's trying to say there is that once you've rolled the dice for the Infect Regions phase, you need to completely follow through the entire phase before you can buy an event card.

My rules directly say any player can buy an event card at any time except for when the Infection Phase is processing.

Event cards are paid for and used immediately.

Does that cover it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Arnold
msg tools
Trump wrote:
I'm looking at my rules and thinking that it looks very straightforward. So I thought to suggest you might go get the latest copy of the rules. That's when I saw that you HAD the latest version... which IS a bit messed up compared to mine.

That third paragraph in Events is what's derailing you. What it's trying to say there is that once you've rolled the dice for the Infect Regions phase, you need to completely follow through the entire phase before you can buy an event card.

My rules directly say any player can buy an event card at any time except for when the Infection Phase is processing.

Event cards are paid for and used immediately.

Does that cover it?

Thanks for the help. i went on ZMan's website for an updated rule book and they had the same one that i have with the language above in it. i was able to google it and found the rule book that you must have. we played again last night using your help above and the timing seemed right, the game clicked well even though we got stomped. ZMan needs to update their website in case there are other lost souls like me trying to understand event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thanks for the tip. I'll let them know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.