Subject: Secret player information? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Arredondo
Argentina
Villa Adelina
Buenos Aires - Zona Norte
flag msg tools
I know the game is not language independant, but how much of the information is public and how much is personal to each player? I need to know this because I'm the only one in my group that more-or-less knows English e.e

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah ...
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is public knowledge ... maybe you could stack up your coins so people don't know for sure how many you have (I'd have to check in the rules though if someone can just ask you though) ... everyone will have their own buildings and player mats that they are doing things on but none of it is hidden or secret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no hidden information besides the storybook. You would have to read the stories for everyone, you might not be able to go on adventures yourself. You can't read your own adventures without spoiling the choices. You can still play (maybe even win) without going on adventures, but you'll miss a lot of the fun/uniqueness of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
LarusARG wrote:
I know the game is not language independant, but how much of the information is public and how much is personal to each player? I need to know this because I'm the only one in my group that more-or-less knows English e.e

Thanks in advance!

It's really perfectly playable as long as one players reads English.

You would need to read the storybook each time the other players explore, and translate into Spanish for them.

When you explore, you could still have another player read it to you in English, even though they won't know what they are saying, and you respond in Spanish indicating you're going to select the first or second option, for example, roll, and then instruct them which reward they should read to you. The use of bold text and parentheses makes it so that a non-English speaker can still know what parts they should and should not read to the exploring player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Arredondo
Argentina
Villa Adelina
Buenos Aires - Zona Norte
flag msg tools
That's good to read guys! Translating in real time is not my speciality, but I'll do my best. Thanks to everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan Keane wrote:

[...]
When you explore, you could still have another player read it to you in English, even though they won't know what they are saying,
[...]

I think I know what you mean, but if you don't speak a language, reading something in that language is probably not going to work. It'll come out all "wrong", so for the person who does speak the language it'll be unintelligible.

So I think the best option is for someone to translate everything into Spanish first and then play the game.

In fact, there seems to be a Spanish version of the encounters here on Board Game Geek: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134892/libro-de-encuentro...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.