Subject: How it plays for two? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojtek Kamusella
Poland
Kedzierzyn-Kozle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please sheare your experience with two players game versus four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played with four yet (just three...), but the two-player game is still very good.
Give it a shot! Definitely worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played three times, always with two players.

Really gooood experience At the beginning you think. "Uhm...Those are a lot of provincies out of the game" But then, you see how good calculated and play tested the game is, and the number of provincies are exactly what you need for a great experience.

I cannot wait to play it with three or four. I'm sure it won't be funnier or better, just different way of thinking and strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Michel
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
I played it with two last time and prefer it with four, to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThierryM wrote:

Can you tell us why? How does the game feel different with two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levandowski
United States
Pittsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:
Played three times, always with two players.

Really gooood experience At the beginning you think. "Uhm...Those are a lot of provincies out of the game" But then, you see how good calculated and play tested the game is, and the number of provincies are exactly what you need for a great experience.

I cannot wait to play it with three or four. I'm sure it won't be funnier or better, just different way of thinking and strategy

I generally agree...however I only have one 2 player game under my belt.

However, I wonder if there are too few provinces available. Only because of the rule that forces you to pay double for a card if you do not have that number of provinces. So one player would really be dominating if they had four provinces, but that is what they need to economically buy a 4 card. Adding another province to the 2 player might help this issue, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Michel
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
tfoz15 wrote:
ThierryM wrote:

Can you tell us why? How does the game feel different with two?

You mostly react to each other's moves, so it's more tactical. With four players, when your turn comes back the board has changed a lot, so buying and selecting your cards at the end of your turn is more like strategic planning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In all honesty, we designed the game primarily with 4 players mind, but we feel the 2-player and 3-player versions are good playable options for those times you have fewer players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.