Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Predictions for Spicer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/07/23/sean-spice...

Will he continue to sell the Trump brand, or will he attempt to restore some of his credibility? The article makes it clear he has some future ahead of him, likely making a lot of money. But which side of the Trump fence will he fall on, pro Trump, or anti-Trump? Or perhaps he will remain neutral? But I don't see a future for him in remaining neutral. I predict he will be picked up ay a news network as an "expert" commentator, what are your predictions for Spicey?



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I still say he does a book, either with Trumps support or with the media circus of the NDA lawsuit as promotional costs.

This doesn't handle which way he falls, but I guess it's his ego vs his greed.

Anti T will make people like him more, Pro T is guaranteed money (those folks will buy ANYTHING)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/07/23/sean-spice...

Will he continue to sell the Trump brand, or will he attempt to restore some of his credibility? The article makes it clear he has some future ahead of him, likely making a lot of money. But which side of the Trump fence will he fall on, pro Trump, or anti-Trump? Or perhaps he will remain neutral? But I don't see a future for him in remaining neutral. I predict he will be picked up ay a news network as an "expert" commentator, what are your predictions for Spicey?





Pro Trump and a "career" on One America News Network. The Fox News wannabe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Pro T is guaranteed money (those folks will buy ANYTHING)
Hmmm... well, they aren't buying this:

Quote:
Only 18,268 copies of the book were sold, according to Nielsen Bookscan “which monitors book sales through almost all outlets, including Amazon,” the Guardian reported. There were also 152 copies sold in the U.K., where Yiannopoulos was born, since the book was released on July 4.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Vrooman wrote:
Quote:
Only 18,268 copies of the book were sold, according to Nielsen Bookscan “which monitors book sales through almost all outlets, including Amazon,” the Guardian reported. There were also 152 copies sold in the U.K., where Yiannopoulos was born, since the book was released on July 4.


Without in any way wanting to defend that piece of shit, there is much, much more to book sales than Bookscan. See John Scalzi's piece on the matter.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Playgirl centerfold within six months. Tagline, "Wait'll you see these SPICY pics!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Vrooman wrote:
Quote:
Only 18,268 copies of the book were sold, according to Nielsen Bookscan “which monitors book sales through almost all outlets, including Amazon,” the Guardian reported. There were also 152 copies sold in the U.K., where Yiannopoulos was born, since the book was released on July 4.


Without in any way wanting to defend that piece of shit, there is much, much more to book sales than Bookscan. See John Scalzi's piece on the matter.
Interesting. Audio books were nearly one half of John Scalzi's book sales? E-books were a quarter and actual physical books were a quarter? That must be due to the genre he sells in, right? I don't know a single person who uses audio books. Regardless, yes, I can see how Yiannopoulus' book sales are higher than bookscan states.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vrooman wrote:
Interesting. Audio books were nearly one half of John Scalzi's book sales? E-books were a quarter and actual physical books were a quarter? That must be due to the genre he sells in, right? I don't know a single person who uses audio books. Regardless, yes, I can see how Yiannopoulus' book sales are higher than bookscan states.


My sister loves audio books. Me, I've listened to precisely one!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
Playgirl centerfold within six months. Tagline, "Wait'll you see these SPICY pics!"


And there is a mental image that ain't going away anytime soon
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Vrooman wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
Vrooman wrote:
Quote:
Only 18,268 copies of the book were sold, according to Nielsen Bookscan “which monitors book sales through almost all outlets, including Amazon,” the Guardian reported. There were also 152 copies sold in the U.K., where Yiannopoulos was born, since the book was released on July 4.


Without in any way wanting to defend that piece of shit, there is much, much more to book sales than Bookscan. See John Scalzi's piece on the matter.
Interesting. Audio books were nearly one half of John Scalzi's book sales? E-books were a quarter and actual physical books were a quarter? That must be due to the genre he sells in, right? I don't know a single person who uses audio books. Regardless, yes, I can see how Yiannopoulus' book sales are higher than bookscan states.


No. Those other streams are far more popular than many people think. The book market has greatly changed over the past 20 years, and what many people think about it often no longer has much connection with reality.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The play's the thing ...
Australia
Point Lonsdale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Going thirty-eight, Dan, chill the f*** out. Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Vrooman wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
Vrooman wrote:
Quote:
Only 18,268 copies of the book were sold, according to Nielsen Bookscan “which monitors book sales through almost all outlets, including Amazon,” the Guardian reported. There were also 152 copies sold in the U.K., where Yiannopoulos was born, since the book was released on July 4.


Without in any way wanting to defend that piece of shit, there is much, much more to book sales than Bookscan. See John Scalzi's piece on the matter.
Interesting. Audio books were nearly one half of John Scalzi's book sales? E-books were a quarter and actual physical books were a quarter? That must be due to the genre he sells in, right? I don't know a single person who uses audio books. Regardless, yes, I can see how Yiannopoulus' book sales are higher than bookscan states.


No. Those other streams are far more popular than many people think. The book market has greatly changed over the past 20 years, and what many people think about it often no longer has much connection with reality.


Working in a public library showed me how many people used audio, and e-books. Much larger demographic than 'book' readers liked to believe.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


abadolato01 wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/07/23/sean-spice...

Will he continue to sell the Trump brand, or will he attempt to restore some of his credibility? The article makes it clear he has some future ahead of him, likely making a lot of money. But which side of the Trump fence will he fall on, pro Trump, or anti-Trump? Or perhaps he will remain neutral? But I don't see a future for him in remaining neutral. I predict he will be picked up ay a news network as an "expert" commentator, what are your predictions for Spicey?

Spicer will do a cameo in a comedic sketch on "Saturday Night Live" the next time that Melissa McCarthy hosts the show. If he's really daring and gives in to the more comedic angels of his nature, then he will accede to the show writers' dictates to get comedic revenge on Melissa McCarthy by dressing up as her, possibly even coming through the door onstage at the opening of the show when the audience would least expect it and start delivering the monologue in the guise of Melissa McCarthy -- while the real McCarthy is shown tied up and gagged in her dressing room squirming, venting through her gag, and watching the opening of the show on her TV in incredulous disbelief.


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Gotta give it up to Shreve -- that's hellaciously funny!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spicey dancer?!

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/26/dancing-with-stars-...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


abadolato01 wrote:

*Sigh*. It's already been done -- sort of -- by his protoge', Melissa McCarthy.





 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
Playgirl centerfold within six months. Tagline, "Wait'll you see these SPICY pics!"
I can see the cover now - Sean hiding behind a bush with the headline "Spicer Sheds the Shrubbery!"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.