Subject: Afghanistan Policy Formulation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sloop hmsstarling
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aficionados of A Distant Plain may be interested in this recent interview on the status of Afghanistan policy formulation.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/24/laurel-mil...

With the long grind remaining in effect, could there be an interest in another card deck for ADP so that a "two-deck" game might be played for a really long campaign? I'd be interested in playing such a long campaign, but then I'm also interested in playing the campaign game of the old Victory Games Vietnam. I haven't actually done that yet, but it is on my "Mount Everest Quest" gaming plan that will be unfolding over the coming year or two.

For such a long ADP campaign, I'm thinking of a victory condition that doesn't allow the Coalition to win unless the Afghan Government is in second place. That would make the "unhappy marriage" even more binding. Nothing like a lengthy hair hurting experience to show how much you really enjoy a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think your idea about a Coalition victory only happens if the Government finishes 2nd is really interesting. I'd think a Coalition victory in Afghanistan in real life wouldn't be possible if the Taliban is more powerful and has more political effectiveness than the Afghan government. I wonder what the designers of the game think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The two "No Non-player" 2-player variants in rule 1.5 give you an indication of what the designers of the game think...

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.